~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Sunday, January 03, 2010

The Last Day Of The Holidays

I always get a little melancholy after the holidays. I hate taking the tree down. It's always sad to me. Whenever I see a real tree out at the curb on Boxing Day I always wonder how they can do that. I've always kept the tree up until after New Years. Today is Mr. Mans last day of vacation. Tomorrow it's back to the grind. We'll be taking the tree down next weekend.

The whole holiday flew by way too fast. The month of December seemed to fly by. It wasn't the best Christmas we've ever had, but it wasn't the worst either. T was here for a week. Originally he was going to stay until after New Years, but we just couldn't take it. The last couple of days I've been feeling bad for sending him home early. But really, a week is plenty. No need to feel bad. I didn't think about the dog much over the holidays, but the last couple of days he's been on my mind. I've been getting weepy. I hate the end of the holidays.

On New Years Eve we went to S & Ds place. Little R and her boyfriend came too. We partied in their shop. S had been busy all day getting it set up, he hung the dart board out there and moved the light and set up the tunes and had the woodstove going all day getting it nice and warm in there. It's a shop/garage/clubhouse. It's huge and S has built it all himself. It isn't finished yet, but when it is, it will be awesome. As usual we drank too much, and D brought out some food. We had a great time. Took lots of pictures, and there were some doozies! We went snowmobiling too. It was a good night with great people. It was the first time I ever tried chocolate martinis, had a couple of those. D's older son was there with his 2 dogs, one of them really reminded me of Bear. We rang in the new year and got home around 4 a.m. Mr. Man obviously stopped drinking at some point in order to sober up for the drive home. We danced, we played darts, we snowmobiled, we laughed, S even brought out his guitar, but that was short lived. I couldn't think of anywhere or with anyone I would have rather been.

Friday, New Years Day, we were a little hungover and just laid around watching a movie marathon. Saturday was much the same. Little Rs boyfriend brought me a big bottle of my favourite wine. I thought that was so sweet. It's still chilling, Mr. Man and I are going to consume it today and play some darts, if he ever gets up. He's been sleeping as much as possible, he needs the rest. It pretty much hasn't stopped snowing since New Years Eve. It's been really cold too. So now it's just the long, cold winter ahead. I'm going to try my damnest to not fall into a depression. Mr. Mans birthday is in February and there's a long weekend in February too. Things to look forward to. We can always go up to S & Ds place for some snowmobiling and cozy fires. It's that time of year when I tend to break out a jigsaw puzzle or two. It'll be fine. Sure the holidays are over, but the love and friendship is still there. Last year I found it a lot easier to get through the winter by not dwelling on waiting for spring.

Well, I'm off to enjoy the last day of vacation. I'll do a seperate post of holiday photos. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home