~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Friends and "Friends"

Mr. Man has had several people from childhood and school look him up on Facebook. There was one guy that they used to have combined birthday parties together. He invited us out to celebrate their birthdays. Mr. Man had not seen this guy in many many years. So last weekend we went to meet him. We met at Rock & Roll Heaven. I was more than happy to go there because I had never been there before and it's my kind of place. So it was a nice reunion. We had a really good time.

A funny thing happened while we were out on the patio smoking. We ran into another guy Mr. Man knows from years ago. It turned out he is a top promoter in Toronto. He knows EVERYONE. He just started giving Bill all kinds of stuff. Photos, DVDs, tickets and an invite to his birthday party, taking place tonight, hosted by Kim Mitchell. I am so sad that we won't be able to go. Mr. Man has meetings all weekend. We just can't go. I am so disappointed. The photos he gave us are like him with Slash, one of my favourite people, and Alice Cooper, and Axl Rose and people like that. I now have personal pictures of all these people. He also took a couple of pictures of us and I'm still waiting for them to get posted on Facebook. They turned out great. In one of them I have Kid Rocks hat on. I can't wait to see them. I can only hope we'll get invited to other events in the future that we will be able to attend. It was very exciting.

This weekend is all meetings. No fun this weekend. But on the upside that's because our trial for our lawsuit is about to start after 6 years of waiting. We'll be so glad to see the end of that.

I'm in a bit of a mood today. Someone I thought was a friend has seriously disappointed and confused me. As is her way, rather than hear me out or listen to me she just goes off and attacks me. Somehow she turns it all around so I'm the bad guy. All I did was tell her how I feel about her adding someone I can't stand on her facebook. Someone she wouldn't even know if it weren't for me. Someone who beat the snot out of me. I HATE this person. I asked my "friend" why she would add her. She went off about how dare I tell her who she can or cannot be friends with. There is no earthly reason for those 2 to be friends. She's not the type of person my "friend" claims to want in her life. It makes no sense. So now it seems I've lost my friend. I mean she totally attacked me. I told her any friends of hers are no friends of mine, and that sent her off. Said I was giving her an ultimatum and was being juvenile and childish. Bear in mind, me and this friend stop being friends every few years, then we don't talk for a few years, then we reconnect. I really thought it would be different this time. Oh and if you haven't guessed yet, yes it's Cathy. So I don't know how this is going to turn out. But I'm not going to let her bring people into my life even peripherally. I think it's over. I am so hurt, and disappointed, and confused and angry. Friends don't do that to each other.

It just makes me that much more thankful for the other friends I have. People I can trust and count on. People who know how to be loyal and expect nothing less from me. I do know what it's like to have true friends. I do know the difference. In all these years, 37 to be exact, she's never been a true friend. So why did I expect it this time around? Silly me.

Well I can't let it ruin my whole day. I'm sad enough about missing that party tonight. I have laundry to do. Mr. Man needs clean clothes for court. Have a great day.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home