~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Little R The Model





















What an exciting weekend we had! Above are some of the pictures we got of Little R modelling at the Toronto Motorcycle Supershow. The fashion show was for a leather shop, so what she is modelling is leather clothes. She did very well and we are very proud of her. It took a lot of guts to get up there and strut her stuff. The self-confidence she gained is priceless. At the beginning of each show people crowded around the stage. It wasn't easy getting pictures. I also got some video. I was surprised at the crowds. I didn't think that many people would be interested in a fashion show. There was a band playing between shows and for whatever reason they did one show with the band playing in the background. There were 7 models and each girl wore 3 outfits per show. Friday there was three shows, Saturday there was four shows and Sunday there was two shows. We weren't there on Friday. Little R went with D, who set the whole thing up and who was there to dress the girls. We went on Saturday and we brought Little Rs boyfriend, Andrew, with us. I think he was thrilled. We did some drinking but at $9 a beer, not a lot. However some folks had the foresight to bring their own booze, so I did get a buzz going. There was a beer garden near the stage so we didn't travel far and didn't see much of the bike show. It turned out D couldn't be there on Sunday to dress the girls so I was asked if I could do it. Of course I said yes. I had no clue and had visions of totally destroying the show. But it was nothing more than zipping chaps and boots and tying tops, making minor adjustments, stuff like that. It was actually fun. Because it was the last day a bottle of champagne was consumed backstage. Little R has already been asked to be in the spring show. We don't have the details like where it is, but she said yes of course. She had so much fun. It was a great experience. Something many girls only dream of. She got to keep one of the outfits she wore for doing it. So not big bucks but it's something. Leather clothing is expensive. She also got a necklace. We are all looking forward to future shows. On Sunday, once the last show was over, we walked around and checked out some of the bike show. We bought some stuff. Mr. Man got a new leather vest, which he needed badly and we got some t-shirts, stuff like that. There was still a lot of the show we didn't see. Parking was crazy, the lot would fill up first thing in the morning. It was crowded. And food and drinks were very expensive. We got a great deal on event shirts, $5. Then we came home and chilled. We were all worn out. And now it's back to the grind. Mr. Man actually didn't go to work yesterday. I'm not sure what his problem was, but he didn't feel up to going in. The Christmas boxes are still sitting here waiting to go back down to the locker. Mr. Man keeps putting it off. I think I'll put my foot down tonight. On that note, I'm out of here, have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home