~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring And Change Is In The Air

Old man winter blasted us on the weekend. All night Saturday and all day Sunday it snowed like mad. Then I guess it turned to rain and was all gone on Monday. The birds are chirping and the sun is shining. It's really feeling like spring. This time of year I'm really missing having a house. I miss my gardens. I'm grateful for this apartment because otherwise I could be homeless. As far as apartments go, it's not bad, I've lived in worse. It's big enough and it's cozy. I'm thankful to have a roof over my head at this point. I'm thankful that my family is intact. But to be perfectly honest, I am longing for a house. We have some things to take care of before we can move. It could be a while yet. Meanwhile I am really trying to accept my fate and to not let it get me down.

I'm taking steps to get healthy again. My last visit to the doctor told me I am pretty healthy except I am low on Vitamin B12. So I'm taking Vitamins. I'm going out for little walks here and there. It's just not the same without the dog :-( And the big thing is, I'm beating my addiction. I'm not talking about cigarettes or coffee or sugar. I'm talking about heavy duty narcotic prescription drugs. That's right, I've been taking them daily for several years. Only a couple of people in my life were aware of this. Now everyone knows. I think taking those pills was the reason I basically stopped smoking weed. I used to be a chronic pot smoker. I'm not even sure if it's been a week or two weeks, but it hasn't been long. But I'm doing it. And it's hard. I still have severe cravings for it. I have to succeed. Please pray for me and wish me well. I'll probably go back to smoking pot. I think that's the lesser of two evils. Just being honest.

On Saturday we went up to S & Ds place. We hadn't seen them in a while. Mr. Man and S tore the engine out of the bike. I don't know what got into me, but I was rambling on about all the negative stuff that happened 15 and 20 years ago. So it wasn't one of our best visits there. It left me feeling very negative the next day too. At any rate Mr. Man is confident he will have the bike running by May 24. I'm really looking forward to that. It'll be nice to ride again. And to finally get to ride with S & D. I hope the weather this summer is better than last year.

I can't tell you how many people have told me I just need to get a job. If I ever feel healthy enough I just may do that. But I don't understand why everyone thinks that will solve all my problems. It won't. And I like being home. We'll see. Stranger things have happened.

Well it's a nice spring day, I'm going to walk over to the store. I'm trying to think positive and look forward to the future. Things will change. Happy spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home