~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

First Calf Show!

Good evening.
What a couple of days we've had. Yesterday I had a doctor appointment in the morning. I got some scarey, potentially bad news there. I guess I will have to go to another doctor for more tests now. I was a little upset, but Hubby did his best to keep my mind off of it. He bought me a new dishwasher! Yay! Finally. And its a very good one. Then we went to the 4H show Little R was in, but it wasn't really a show until today. It was a camp over learning thing and then they had a show today. When we got there, we found the kids by themselves, just the 2 girls and their calves. We were not impressed that they were just dropped off and left on their own and that again there was no one from their club there. Off we went to get some camp chairs and munchies and cold drinks for them. That seemed to lift their spirits. Unfortunately, Hubby and I know nothing about the calves or the shows so didn't know what else to do, except hang out with the girls and be supportive. We had to be back there at 4:30 this morning! So we came home and went right to bed and set the alarm for 3 a.m. There we were back at 4:30 a.m. I didn't get any sleep, as hard as I tried, as much as I wanted to sleep, my mind would not cooperate. I had also had a filling come out yesterday so that was bugging me. And there is something wrong with my right leg or hip which really bugged me all night. So, today was a very long day. It was a learning experience for all 3 of us. For sure we will be switching clubs for next year. We even talked to some people about that while we there. Little R didn't win, but it was her very first show. She did do very well and you wouldn't have guessed it was her first time from seeing her. She did get a brush (for brushing the calf lol) and an envelope with $10, consolation prizes I guess. All in all it was a fun, stressful, exciting, learning experience for all of us. The pictures I took aren't the greatest, but here are a couple of them anyways...

























Have a good night...I know I'll sleep like a baby lol.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home