~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, August 21, 2006

Today

Good evening.
This morning I was up very early because I had an appointment for 9:30 and couldn't eat or drink anything for 3 hours prior. I had to have at least one coffee! Then we drove to Guelph Hospital. We got there an hour early, so we walked around down town a bit to kill some time. I was there for a CT Scan. When I was asked to sign a consent form is when I realized I would have to have an IV and be injected with dye, and that there was a slight risk of being allergic to the dye. Well of course this all got me a little upset. I thought I was there for a simple xray type of thing, wasn't expecting that. But I signed and went ahead with it, as it was explained that a severe reaction was quite rare, and the reason I need the CT Scan in the first place, checking for aneurysms, was something worth finding out. It was a freaky experience. I'm glad its over with.
On the way home, Hubby stopped to look at mini bikes and dirt bikes for sale. For a 1986 ratty looking thing the guy wouldn't budge on the price at all, so Hubby decided to look around. We stopped at Canadian Tire. They had just what we were looking for, the perfect mini bike for Little R, and the price was much less than that guy was asking for the old ratty thing! When Hubby made the purchase we were delighted to get another $100 off the price, not sure why, end of the season maybe. So we got a brand new mini bike for half the cost buddy down the road was asking for an old 1986. Amazing. Needless to say she loves it, she was on it all day. I never even knew she and Hubby had discussed it before and that she wanted one. Speaking of bikes, Hubby broke down and put ours in the shop for some TLC. We went with a new place which just opened this year. Hubby happens to know one of the guys who works there. We should be getting it back this week sometime. Again this shop seems good, the people are very cool and the prices are reasonable.
I've started putting together my Christmas shoe boxes for Samaritans Purse. I am getting frustrated with it. I just want to give these kids everything and everything just does not fit into a shoe box. I even called the 1-800 number with a couple of questions and found out there is no weight limit or anything, lol,and they basically won't refuse any donations. So far I've completed 3 boxes and they are bulging lol. I even had to leave out a couple of things grrrrr, they simply would not fit in, I couldn't squeeze another thing into these boxes. So I will end up with stuff left over, but will just put it away for next year, oooor, buy a few more things and make up more boxes. I'm surprised how difficult its been to get my hands on large empty shoe boxes. Next year I think I may just buy plastic boxes at the dollar store, which are also acceptable. At any rate, Hubby, Little R and myself are having great fun doing this, wrapping the boxes, shopping for the stuff to fill them and then packing them. It is a wonderful family activity. And its a great feeling to be able to help out the less fortunate kids around the world. I really wish I could do more.
Little R and Gem will be doing their first 4H show tomorrow! How convenient that Hubby is home all week so we can go together to watch and cheer them on. This should be fun. Check for pictures tomorrow lol.
Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home