~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sore And Sunburnt Euphoria

Good evening!
What a fabulous day! I guess I needed to get my butt back in the saddle. The bike ran like a charm! Our ride was awesome! It was our first real putt this season, it was quasi-long, my ass was so sore, but it was one of the best rides we've ever had! It was perfect (since there is no such thing as perfection, it was as close to perfect as it could have been). It was a very hot day. We both got sunburnt. We are sore and stiff, but it was so worth it. No pressure, no agenda, no time restriction or itinerary, nobody else to worry about, nobody elses plans. Just us, our bike and the road. We did have a destination, but it wasn't a MUST. We took our time, made a few stops. It was fabulous! We were gone all day. We met another couple while stopped at a Timmys, who were very cool people and had a very cool bike. They had a new seat, with air-ride! Very cool. After we got back home, Hubby took Little R to town for Iced Cappacino, and then to the farm. We had a lovely family evening together, then Little R went for a sleepover. I feel all warm and fuzzy lol.
There is this cat who's been hanging around here. The first time I noticed it, was the night of a very bad storm a few weeks ago and it was sitting in the ditch behind the house, looking all scared and pitiful. I may have even mentioned it here back then. I decided that night I wanted to rescue it, and even had Hubby out in the storm trying to find it. I'm allergic to cats and have never really liked them much. There was just something about this one...He didn't find it that night, but agreed if it came back we could keep it. We even bought cat food the next time we went shopping lol! Anyhow, I see it around all the time but it never comes near me. I now believe it belongs to the folks across the street from us. For one thing thats usually where I see it. Earlier this evening, it was sitting in the driveway across the street, under their pick-up truck. Bear was in our garage. I started trying to call it over, Bear heard me and came out to investigate, then he spied the cat. He started creeping over to it, I kept calling him back and he kept inching his way across the street. Finally he went over and I was freaking, not knowing what would happen, telling him NO, and being ignored. He went right up to it and it didn't flinch. He sniffed at it, walked around it, sniffed some more and trotted back home, content, his curiousity satisfied! I couldn't believe it, this cat didn't bat an eye! I thought for sure they would attack each other, it was an amazing thing to watch. I was so proud of him for being so well behaved, no aggression. And just amazed at how the cat just sat there and ignored him sniffing at it.
Sitting outside, while Hubby and daughter were out for their scoot, and as dinner cooked, all was right with the world. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, a radio playing in someones garage, children playing and laughing, the older kids riding dirt bikes in the field, it was like sitting in the middle of "Pleasantville". The hummingbirds were at my feeder one right after another. Even the cats and dogs were getting along lol, I got to feeling a little euphoric! It was one of those days when there was nowhere else in the world I would rather be.
And so, have a pleasant night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home