~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Good morning!

Good morning.
I'm a little sore this morning. We went riding again on Monday and I got a sunburn in parts not previously kissed by the sun. We went to a few more yard sales. We discovered a town we had never been to before.
On Sunday Hubby told me I need a new helmet and we were going to look for one. I didn't see any I liked, and frankly I like the one I have. But I did want to find a solution to the buckle irritating my skin, (remember my metal allergy?), I didn't want to have to do another year with a scarf wrapped around my helmet strap. I bought and tried a $20 "Hair Glove" and it works! Its just a leather sleeve with snaps, meant to go around a ponytail. I put it on the strap, after I do up my helmet I slide it over the buckle and I'm good to go! It looks a little funny, but not nearly as funny as the scarf I think. Hubby is so happy to have the bike back on the road, he rode to work this morning. I hope they aren't calling for rain or anything.
Little R got home so late last night we were already in bed and didn't get a chance to talk to her. So I don't know how the 4H competition went yesterday. We didn't bother going because she wasn't participating. She went to observe and learn. But her friend D.W did compete.
All in all, we had a lovely long weekend. Hubby told me several times how much he enjoyed himself. It really was fun riding around, just the 2 of us. Not having to worry about what the rest of a group wants to do. And again the bike started up every time and ran like a charm. As always we met some interesting people in our travels. And we got some excellent deals at yard sales. We got a tripod for my camera for $10. Now we can get some pictures of us together! I got another pile of books. I picked out a pile of movies and then realized we no longer have a VCR lol. But I plan on getting another one anyways. We were pretty limited in what we could buy because we were on the bike. We had the saddlebags crammed full. We did see a lot of stuff that we could have used and would have bought if we were in the truck or car. Oh well, a lot of places were actual antique barns and stuff that will be there the next time we're out too. It seems like a lot of people have permanent yard sales going lol.
I picked a few more tomatoes from our garden. The green peppers don't seem to grow as fast as the tomatoes.
Today will be dedicated to housework. I'm going to stay inside, keep out of the sun and heat, catch up on my soaps, and get the house cleaned up.
Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home