~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, September 11, 2006

Doctors and Furnace Guys

What a bullshit waste of gas and time. Like I am sick as a dog here, the last thing in the world I wanted to do was get out of bed, get in the shower, get dressed and drive to Fergus to see a doctor!
I believed I was about to be put through another 'poke n feel' so I took 2 Lorazapams, not one mind you, but 2! All the while Hubby is screaming at me to hurry up, if not for him I would never make any appointment on time, dontchya know. He took the day off work to go with me, he is also sick as a dog. I go there with wet hair and all, I'm sure that will help this cold/flu/bug/virus whatever the hell we've got.
Don't we end up sitting in the waiting room for half an hour! I could have at least dried my hair or something. Well then a guy comes out and calls my name, I think he's awfully young for a gynocologist, he introduces himself, he's a STUDENT doctor....ok, but, wheres the REAL doctor?? Oh he'll be along shortly, you can just talk to me, I'm going to take a bit of history notes here. (I'm thinking "dude, your like 18, I'm gonna sit here and talk about my PMS and menstrual cycles and c-sections, with YOU? What could you possibly know about it?") So I tell him my cycle goes like this...for 2 weeks I hate the world and want to kill everyone in it, then for one week I bleed to death and REALLY hate the world and would just love to kill everyone in it, then for a week I'm quasi human and sane. So then I say is the doctor not here or what? Oh he's here, I'm going to fill him in on your history a bit then he'll come in and see you. By now the Lorazapams are kicking in and I'm having trouble staying upright, kind of slouching in my chair with my head on the examining bed thingy. The doctor comes in and explains to me that I have to see him again in Palmerston (he works there too) and they have a certain equipment he needs to SEE better and take a biopsy. Yay...When we're done dealing with THIS, then we'll take a look at my PMS issues! HAHA...YAY.
My question now is why didn't we just make the appointment for Palmerston in the first place then?
Anyhow, I end up pretty near hysterics, bawling and such, because I just want to KNOW and I really don't want to die! I watched my sister die from ovarian cancer. Can't we just get on with this? This is like torture all the waiting for another appointment. Meanwhile its GROWING and SPREADING..like HELLO????
So I psyched myself up for the 'poke n feel' which never happened, and now I have to wait for a phone call from the Palmerston Hospital (didn't even know they have a hospital there) with my new appointment.
Hubby and I have been at each others throats all day because we both feel like hell and our house has no heat and its getting chilly and I am PMSing. The most solid thing I've eaten in over a week is a banana! Like I'm STARVING here.
We came home and I guess I slept most of the afternoon. Woke up just as Little R got home from school.
The guy finally showed up to look at the furnace...it needs a new power unit and burner which is gonna cost us over $400! Yippee. I'm leaning towards selling and moving, oh yeah.
Have a peachy evening all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home