~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11th

Watching all the stuff on tv today about 9/11 has reminded me of all that. Thought I should post something about it. To be honest, I haven't thought too much about it in quite some time. Its one of those things thats just too terrible to think about.
I do remember where I was, not exactly what I was doing, but, I was home, it was about 9:30 in the morning and my sister phoned me and she told me what had happened and to turn on the news on my tv. I turned on CNN and was glued to it for the next couple of days.
I stayed on the phone with my sister for hours. At first I thought it must have been an accident and I kept asking my sister was it an accident or what and she didn't know any more than I. Then we both saw the second plane hit, and we knew then it was no accident. We saw the people jumping from the buildings, we saw both towers collapse. It was the most horrible thing I have ever seen. I was in a state of shock and panic. I thought if this can happen in New York, this can happen anywhere. I felt sure it wasn't going to stop. I thought it was the end of the world, North America anyways. I thought my God someone has declared war on the States! How can this be? We are screwed. I can tell you I have never before or since felt the way I felt that day. I was trembling uncontrollably. I was bawling. At some point I spoke to Hubby on the phone too. His work is near the airport, the airport was shut down, he said there was nothing so eerie as the silence. I know I wanted him to just come home, but to be honest I don't remember if he did or not. I think I went and picked up Little R from school. I was so afraid something was going to happen in Toronto or Misssissauga that I wanted to pack up and go up to our cottage at Wasaga Beach, thinking nothing would likely happen there. I was panicking.
It was a horrible, horrible day. It was an eye opener to the world. It has changed our world. And yes my heart goes out to all who lost loved ones.
I wish we could just go nuke all those crazy bastards! Just blow up those parts of the world! But thats a little Hitleresque. Its a crazy world.
I did a lot of crying Sept.11/01 and I did a lot crying Sept.11/06.
Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home