~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Friday, April 27, 2007

Chaos Is Coming

Today was spent running around. We didn't end up getting the new car until about 6 p.m. I was over at the town hall around 9:30 a.m setting up tables. Then I took a load of stuff over. Then Hubby and I were off, running errands, paying bills and shopping. We went to the new taco place for lunch. It wasn't the best. They have all new staff who aren't sure of what they're doing just yet. I had a taco with no sour cream, that just wasn't right. We went back again for dinner and I had a bean burrito and it was a bit better than the taco had been. But the good news is there is now a Taco Bell opening up in town too! Yay, my favourite! Their tacos are good, well I like them. Nothing is as good as homemade, but on the fly, Taco Bell is good stuff.

We ended up all the way down in Brampton. There was a furniture store having a store closing sale. Everything must go, up to 90% off. So we decided to pop in on a whim and check it out. We found a gorgeous black leather sofa set and the price was fantastic. The only thing was, we had no way of getting it home. We may go back another day. They had everything, and it was all very nice stuff. The prices were so good, hard to resist.

The sun did pop out briefly in the afternoon and it got really muggy, but by the time we got back home it was pouring rain again.

Hubby surprised me by taking me into a store and buying me an early Mothers Day present. A new diamond ring. Not just any diamond ring, a large diamond ring. I had a large one which I lost and wasn't insured. So this was a replacement. It's a little bigger than the one I lost I think. I love it. The other one was a Marquis cut, this one is a round cut. It has a little gold heart on either side of the diamond. It's just gorgeous. This time we will get it insured though. We even got the appraisal papers with it. It was a wonderful surprise!

We finally got to pick up the car, but alas, they hadn't fixed the things they were supposed to because they received the wrong parts, sigh. Because we need it this weekend, they are going to fix it up on Monday. The folks we are buying it from seem to be quite upstanding as far as used car dealers go. We will likely continue to deal with them in the future.

Guys plug your ears again.....
While we were out touring all over the place, my flow started. It was odd because it is a month late and I didn't know it was coming. I had all the usual symptoms tonight instead of last night. I usually get weepy the night before. Strange. So after taking another load of stuff over to the town hall, I came home and got all weepy and upset over nothing. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I doubt I'll get involved in anything like this again. I'll just do it on my own terms, my own way, in my own frontyard. As much as I tried to be prepared I still wasn't. Hubby was no help. I don't feel like I cleared out nearly as much as I wanted to and I'm afraid what I did take over isn't going to sell, so after all the trouble, I'll still be stuck with it. I know that remains to be seen. But I have a feeling.

It was a mixed day, good and bad. I can only hope tomorrow goes well. The next few days are going to be chaotic. By next Wednesday I'll be able to relax. By then all the chaos will be over with and it will be recovery time. Wish us luck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home