~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Thursday, April 19, 2007

I Am A Country Bumpkin

What a beautiful day! Could it be that spring has truly arrived this time? Man I hope so. I hope this is it. Please, no more snow!

So Hubby and I went down to the lawyers office this afternoon. I don't think I could ever drive in the city again. I was having a total freak out panic attack on those highways. The speed and traffic was just too much. I've become quite accustomed to country roads, one lane of traffic, watching the scenery. I've become a country bumpkin. I even find myself checking what I'm wearing once I get into the city! I think nothing of it when I leave home, and as soon as I'm down there, even though I'm still sitting in the car and no one can see me, I'm thinking "what the hell was I thinking wearing this out in public?" And as always, as soon as we pass that certain road on the way home, I breathe a sigh of relief and feel like all is right with the world once again. It's so damn bizarre.

While we were sort of in the area we decided to pop in on my father and sister. My sister was busily baking cupcakes for her granddaughters birthday tomorrow, while my father told us they were leaving in 20 minutes for him to have some tests done at the hospital. It seems he's been having pain ever since the pacemaker surgery. The doctor thinks he may have a blockage. Great. But you know, the mans spirit and smiles never cease! He is fucking amazing. Anyone else would be shitting their pants afraid of dying and/or whining about their pain and discomfort. Not my dad. I don't know if he's just so damn happy to see us, which is just so hard to believe, or what, but this stuff just does not get him down. Always with the smiles, jokes and general good humour. I wish I was more like him.

Back home, it seems there's some karma going on around here. Not at my house, well, except that I get to sit back and watch, hehe. Enough said.

Saw several bikes out on the road today. Oh I can't wait to get ours back. I know it was supposed to be back here by now, but things haven't gone quite as planned. Soon. Next week. And Hubby will actually be getting his M2 this time, so we can be all legal and shit, for a change. Too bad we don't have it here since we are invited to a bash this weekend. Haven't decided if we're going or not, it's pretty far away. Then again we always have such a good time there. It's just the long drive that sucks. Much like us this place is in the middle of nowhere. You don't even go through any major towns once you're in that neck of the woods. So by the time we get there all I want to do is pee. It's such a drag partying and having a blast and then having to drive all that way back home. We could stay over, just aren't comfortable with that. Besides I have to come home for my guys. I know later on they'll be having doos at a property which is much closer to us. So, we'll see.

Ah well, time for bed. Have a good night.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home