~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Sunday, April 29, 2007

It's Over, Whew

The community garage sale is over, whew. I think it was successful. We got rid of a lot of crap and made a bit of dough. As I expected all the good stuff went fast and I'm left with a pile of junk. But that's ok, if I can't get rid of it when I have my own yard sale I'll just donate it to the thrift store.

The day started awfully early, like 5:30 a.m early. I had to do a load of laundry and then threw together a last minute load of stuff to take over to the town hall. We got there in the nick of time. Even though it was still before 8 there were already people there shopping! The morning was very busy and flew by but by the afternoon it had dwindled to a trickle. We ended up packing it in an hour early.

Besides the tables of junk there was a lady taking donations for the cancer society and another lady who did these cool paintings. She would take a black and white print and then paint just part of the picture with dye. They were sharp looking, I don't know if she drummed up much business for herself there though.

I'm grateful I had Little R with me. That allowed me to take breaks and go out for a smoke. I even drove home and let the dogs out a couple of times. Little R got her breaks too, going nextdoor to the chip wagon where her friend was working. That's what we had for lunch, poutine.

After we packed up and left, we went to town for a coffee and an iced cappucino. We also popped in at Canadian Tire for an air freshener for my new buggy. Man it smells bad. The lady we bought it from says she thinks the previous owner had it steam cleaned and then closed it all up, didn't let it air out. It smells like something died in it. The air freshener hasn't done much for it yet. I'm going to try Febreeze on it too.

All in all it was a great day. We had fun. It was a long day, but I need more of those anyway. I still haven't unpacked the car, but I have to go do that because I'll be picking up Little R and a friend from the movies in town. So have a great afternoon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home