~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Graduate

Well thank heavens that graduation thing is over and done with. I must say it was very elaborate. The ceremony was held in the gym and the decorating was fabulous. It was 35 degrees celsius yesterday, so it was dam hot in there though. By the end of the speeches and whatnot I couldn't wait to get out of there and get some air. Afterwards there was refreshments. There was the most elaborate cake I've ever seen. Then we left and the kids had a dance until 11 p.m.


Poor Little R with her hair. I did what she wanted me to, I would have done something different, but it was her day so I just went along with her. But with the heat and humidity, her hair was just frizz. The part I curled just wilted. I wish I had taken her to town to have it done. Oh well, we get to do it all over again in four years. Hard to believe my baby is going into high school. Man I'm so old. The teacher put together a slide show with a baby picture and a grad picture of each student and it was very cool. I must say I'm going to miss this school. It is by far the best school either of my daughters attended. I'm going to miss having her just down the road too. The high school is in town, which is quite a bit further away from home. I hope and pray high school is a good experience for her. It wasn't for me and I dropped out in grade 9. Same with Mr. Man. It was good for Big R and I hope the same for Little R. One good thing is she'll be reunited with friends who had to leave this school because of boundaries when they opened another school closer to town. She was at this school for 4 years and that time has flown by.


Heres a photo of her on stage when she received her diploma...






Heres a picture of the stage all decorated, good job...






It looked much nicer with the lights dimmed. Heres a picture of the cake (I don't know when they cut it, we left before that so we didn't get any)...






Heres the graduating class...






The graduate, my Little R...




Her dress is stuck up on one side, it was like that in all the pictures, I didn't notice until after the fact. Oh well. Some of the gowns were very formal. I was a little surprised there were no two alike. I thought for sure, with the limited shopping choices there would be someone with the same dresses.

Now there's just 3 more days until summer vacation. I kind of think they drag it out so long to make up for all the snow days. Glad its over. Next year will be a whole new ball game.

Thats it. Have a great day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soooo proud of my beautiful little graduate.I love you. I am the luckiest guy in the world to have three beautiful gals in my life.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home