~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, June 25, 2007

Our Gazebo Weekend

Well yesterday was fun. The house actually looks great. I had forgotten how it looks when it's cleaned up. Thanks to Mr. Man, he did most of the work. He did all the floors. Now if I can just stay on top of it, that would be wonderful.

It was GREAT to see Big R! I have missed her so much. Thankfully she didn't bring Penelope. It would have been a circus with the 3 dogs. My sister brought her photos from her trip to England, that was nice. My dad was looking good, chipper as always. We had a nice little visit out in the shade of our gazebo, eating pastries, drinking lemonade and shooting the breeze.





It looks like I should invest in some bras eh?

After they left, the beer started flowing. Then Mr. Man and I did something we haven't done in YEARS, we played Cribbage. We played a few games, he kicked my ass.

Later in the evening, the W family dropped by unexpectedly. As we were enjoying the shade of the gazebo, the cards were sitting there, so we started playing Euchre. It has been ages since we've played that too. We had a blast. In an effort to personalize the gazebo, Mr. Man had strung some lights up in it. That worked perfectly for playing cards after dark. And then when the mosquitos started biting, we zipped up the netting, and you know what? It works! It was great, being outside and not getting eaten alive. So, as much as I didn't really like the thing at first, it has grown on me. I hung some wind spinners in it and with the lights, it's quite charming.

So here we all are playing Euchre. Mr. Man was the cameraman for the evening...











Playing Euchre in real life is so much different than playing online.


This morning when I looked outside I found that I had left the sprinkler on all night long. I guess I was a little tipsy and forgot that it was on. I couldn't see it after dark, out of sight out of mind. The grass needed it anyway. And how lovely it was waking up to a clean house!

Today is Little Rs graduation at school. I can't believe what a big deal grade 8 grad has become. All the girls took today off school to get their hair and nails done! I'm going to be doing Little Rs hair myself. But if I had a car I would probably be taking her into town to have it done. This is the last week of school and I'll be so glad when it's over with.

So that was my weekend.

Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home