~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Drowning And Wallowing

Wouldn't you know it? I can't have my car two days in a row. I'll have to use the old car to pick up Little R after school today. She stays late every Tuesday for extra help with math. I tend to forget about the old car. It's always here if I really need to go somewhere. I offered to take her for a hair cut yesterday, but she didn't want to go. I did take her over to the farm to walk her new calf, Lia. However, Markus, her trainer, was busy and said to come back later in the week. It's the end of May and she hasn't even walked her new calf yet.

It was another boring, depressed day. I slept most of the afternoon away. Got some of the backyard mowed before I ran out of gas. I didn't know we had gas in the garage. I'll finish it today. The grass was wet which clogs up the lawnmower and just makes it a bitch of a job. Hopefully it will dry out some today.

Here is a picture of my $.50 owl...




You can also see the gigantic planters I got for a buck.

Here is another thing I got that I forgot to mention previously. I'm not sure what it is exactly. The hands are like a little dish you can put birdseed in or something. I'm going to put it on the wall on the back of the house. It was $2.



The weather forecast looks promising, calling for a nice day. I actually made a fire in the fireplace last night. We watched The Nightmare Before Christmas. I had no real notion of what to expect. About all I can say is, it was different. A little too musical for my taste. I started to nod off near the end.

I bought that punch bowl ($5 at the cat shelter sale), just because that's something I didn't have. I thought it would be cool to start making punch when we have parties. I haven't had punch in decades. I did a search for recipes online and came up with a few ideas. The last time I made punch was about the same time as the last time I cut Lilacs to put in a vase in the house. I figured we could use it for egg nog at Christmas too. Mr. Man likes egg nog. But dam it all, now I have to find a box to store it in and somewhere to put it, sigh.

Once again I've done nothing in preperation of my own yard sale. I'm starting to think, why bother? I may as well just pack everything into the car and drop it off at the thrift store. Just to get it out of here and out of the way. I'm sure we could come up with enough stuff to have a sale if we could only get at everything. Some of the stuff left over from the community sale, I know I won't be able to sell. Like stuffed animals and candle holders. Those things are a dime a dozen. I have boxes full of this stuff. That should just go directly to the thrift store. All that left over stuff is piled in the garage. Thereby preventing us from digging deeper and getting at other stuff in the garage. I am coming to the conclusion that I am terrible. I am the worst packrat I know. I have a really hard time throwing anything away. I am terrible for buying more crap too. For every one thing I get rid of, I go and buy three more. No wonder I'm feeling so overwhelmed by it all! I keep saying, and actually believing it, that I'm going to be ruthless. That hasn't happened yet. I feel ruthless today. My mind is reeling, thinking of all the things I can get rid of. And that I really wouldn't mind parting with any of it. The hardest part is locating, cleaning and gathering. The garage is packed to the rafters. Mr. Man has a space in the center cleared out for the bike. There's just enough room for him to walk around it. Then a path to get it out. The basement doesn't even have clear paths any more. You have to climb over stuff to get anywhere. The roughed-in washroom/walk-in closet is like something out of a comedy where you open the door and everything tumbles out in an explosion of junk. The spare bedroom is a junk room. Half of what was removed from there now sits in the garage. That's not progress. I should listen to Mr. Man. Some things he suggests getting rid of and I automatically say NO. But he's right and I should listen more. Did I really just say that out loud? This morning I was terrified to realize I have turned Mr. Man into another me. I mean, he bought a telescope for crying out loud! Lately he's been enjoying the senseless browsing and shopping at yard sales, etc. just as much as I do. Scarey.

Well here I go. I've got to do something. I can't spend another day sleeping or drowning and wallowing in my clutter.

Have a great day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home