~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, May 28, 2007

So Many Books, So Little Time

We did stop in at the cat shelter sale yesterday. It rained off and on all day. The sun finally came out in the late afternoon early evening. Mr. Man bought a telescope for $5 and I bought a punch bowl set for $5. He took the bike out for a little scoot. He's riding the bike today, so I have my car today. Mr. Man attached our new mail box yesterday. Hopefully it will last longer than the other one did. I put the garbage out last night to avoid having to do it this morning.

I got all weepy last night and assumed it was the night before Aunt Flo. I slept well. I woke up feeling like all is right with the world. Then I read my horoscope which says I can expect to feel a little depressed today. I've been feeling depressed for the last few months. Was hoping today was going to be different.

We watched one of the movies we got at the yard sale last night. Billy Madison with Adam Sandler. It wasn't that funny. Apparently Little R has seen it several times. I don't know when or where, but it isn't really appropriate. Another movie we bought is Nightmare Before Christmas.

We popped in over at S.Ws place for a visit. We ended up joining them for a barbecue. We had a few beers. It was too windy to have a fire. The whole time we were there, I was having trouble staying awake. We came home and took the dogs for a walk. The dogs seem to be getting along much better these days.

It's hard to believe it's the end of May already. This month has just flown by. My goal for today is to finish cutting the grass in the backyard and plant some more petunias. I feel like I should go somewhere too since I have my car back today. Maybe I'll take Little R into town for a hair cut after school.

I was really missing my mom last night. And my dad since I hardly ever see him any more. And Big R, though we've been talking via computer more lately, I miss her a lot. That all contributed to my weepyness.

I have so many books to read. I must have a five year supply of reading material now. I am having a hard time getting through this one I've been reading. Lisey's Story by Stephen King. I've been at it for months it seems. It's typical Stephen King, blathering on and on. I'm about 2/3 of the way through it. I have to finish it. That was a Christmas present from Mr. Man. I buy books at the Thrift Store and at every yard sale. I've amassed quite the collection. I don't read nearly as much as I used to. For one thing I need to wear magnifying glasses for reading now. These days I tend to only read at night when I go to bed. And then I can only get through a couple of pages before I'm falling asleep. So it's very slow going. If I was really enjoying the book, it would be different, but this one is not a page turner. Lately I've picked up a lot of Stephen King books. I'll take a break from him after I'm done with this one.

Well I'm off to get my day started. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home