~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Rose



This is the rose Little R received with her diploma. She gave it to me. She says they were supposed to give them to their moms, but I'm not sure about that. She may be telling the truth, now that I think about it all the roses were being carried around by moms. Isn't that sweet? It's a nice rose too, it's opening nicely and has aroma.

We got the class picture that was taken by a professional photographer yesterday. It's lovely. It came in a beautiful folder thingy too. That's a nice keepsake for her.

It has been stifling hot. I think we are expecting thunderstorms today. I've been enjoying the heat, not looking forward to rain cooling it down. There's been a perfect breeze through it all, so with the windows open the house has stayed cool enough, we haven't needed to put in the air conditioner yet.

I still haven't decided what to do with our little pool. I'm leaning towards keeping it. Every time I type up the post to Freecycle it, I end up hitting cancel, I just can't do it. In fact, I think we'll just set it up this weekend, then there's no more dilemma. Little R does use it when it's there and even I have been known to jump in and get wet just to cool down. I've been thinking about having my yard sale. It just seems like every weekend we have other things to do, it's never the right time. Mr. Mans idea is to rent a dumpster bin and just get rid of everything that way. I couldn't do that. I have a hard enough time parting with stuff, I couldn't just throw it away. Besides being a member of Freecycle, I do believe in recycling, trying to keep good junk out of the landfill. At any rate, something has to be done. I knew it would be bad news to join in that community garage sale back in April. I knew it would screw up my plan to have a yard sale, and it did. It just never seems like the right time.

We received an invite to a Trike-In this weekend. It's kind of short notice, I doubt we'll go. The bike isn't fit. The last time we rode it, it was making a knocking noise. Apparently Mr. Man will have to take the whole motor apart to try to fix it and that's a big job. I think he was counting on the settlement to buy a new engine or just get a new bike. I suppose we could drive to the Trike-In, but what fun is that? It's too bad we didn't get the invitation sooner so we could make plans to go, we haven't seen these guys in ages. In 2 weeks is the next Friday the 13th. We've missed several, either because it was snowing or because the bike wasn't running right. I was counting on making this one. Maybe I should just forget about riding this year.

Oh well, time to get started with my day. I'm going to putter in the garage. Going to see what's out there that I can Freecycle. I can think of one thing for sure, an old console stereo. That's something I don't think would go in a yard sale, it's too big and heavy. But it may go to a Freecycler. Wish me luck.

Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home