~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, August 27, 2007

Hungover And Hurting

Saturday was the Palmerston Fall Fair. It wasn't much of a fair, no midway or anything, however they did have helicopter rides again. Little R didn't win, she didn't do badly, she just didn't win. I think her calf this year, Lia, is more fiesty than Gem was last year. I'm sure once she gets back into the swing of things and spends more time with Lia they will do better in the shows.

On the way home from there we stopped at a garage sale. This time we actually scored something useful. We got 7 brand new vent covers for $10. We need them around the house. We got a bucket full of decorative brass door handles, socket and light switch covers. We also got a 3000 piece jigsaw puzzle. We used to do puzzles, its a relaxing pastime. I've never done one that big before. Who knows if we'll ever actually tackle it.

Saturday night we were off to the country bar. It was a large place, with multiple levels and a huge patio, great for us smokers. When we got there it was pretty much empty. I got to watch people doing that line dancing that country mucic people do, interesting, it looked like fun actually. Our friends kept telling us the place would get busy and sure enough within an hour it was jam packed. Quite amazing. We played a few games of pool. I couldn't make a shot to save my life. Then we migrated out to the patio where we spent the rest of the night. The band was unremarkable, but since I'm not a country music fan I wasn't paying much attention to the band. S.W dragged me out to the dance floor at one point, which would explain why I felt so battered on Sunday lol. Had some fun teasing and tormenting the "doormen". Mr. Man used to be a doorman, thats how we met. We all had a good time. We had a blast. I came home with a yellow rose and a foam horn hat. Then I fell out of the truck, ouch.

Sunday I was pretty shakey and hungover. Haven't felt like that in years. Mr. Man went off to help D.W put up an overhang on a very high roof. I felt so shakey and hung, and I started worrying about him up on that roof, I worried myself into a panic attack. Thank goodness I have Lorazepam. But thats why I have it. A few years ago I started having anxiety/panic attacks out of the blue, for no reason. Its quite scarey when its happening. I was very relieved when Mr. Man came home safe and sound. But it took quite a while to shake the panic feeling, even with the Lorazepam. We went out for brunch, eating helped a little. When we came back home Mr. Man went for a nap and I attempted to type a blog entry. We were invited over for a barbecue but Mr. Man didn't feel up to going so Little R and I went without him. I felt bad because they went to the trouble for us, he's the big eater in the family. I'm still waiting to receive the photos S.W took at the bar on her cell phone, ugh.

Have a great day.

1 Comments:

Blogger MomofK9s said...

I used to suffer from panic/anxiety attacks too. They are horrible. I don't think people who have never suffered one knows how bad they can be. My ex used to say, "Just calm down and you will fine!" Uhm...NO! I took Paxil and that worked. But now I just take meds to deal with my depression. I think it helps with the anxiety too. Hope you are feeling better today!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home