~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Friday, November 30, 2007

The 4-H Dinner

What a day. The snow was incredible. White outs. It snowed all day and all evening. We got a lot more than they were calling for. Mr. Man got back from his appointment mid-afternoon. After he had a chance to unwind a bit, we headed into town to find him some pants for the dinner thing tomorrow. We came home and headed straight back out to the 4-H dinner. The drive was intense. Lots of white outs, lots of snow, strong winds. We got to the dinner early as planned, in fact we were the first ones there. So we got good seats. The dinner was ok, ham and scallopped potatoes. I was looking forward to roast pork and mashed potatoes like last year lol. But I was able to eat some of it, the potatoes and veggies at least and ice cream for dessert. Then it was 2 hours of awards and boring speeches. I was nearly falling asleep by the end of it. Little R got a nice memorial award and her two year membership plaque. She got some gifts and a cheque. Thankfully the drive home wasn't bad. The snow had mellowed out. But it is damn cold out. I forgot to take the camera so I don't have any pictures. I'll take one of Little R with all her loot tomorrow. She headed straight to bed when we got home at 10 pm.
I'm excited about tomorrow. I think I've figured out what I'll wear. I returned the dress to the store today so that isn't even an option any more. With this weather I think I'd rather wear pants anyways. Basically its a matter of picking a blouse to go with my dress pants. I'm looking forward to the long limo ride and the comedy show more than the dinner. I'm sure we'll have a blast. I'm hoping it will lift my Christmas spirit some too. The following weekend we plan to get our real tree. We are also going out to a bar for some drinks and pool with a couple of friends. Something has to raise my Christmas spirit.
Tonight is not fit for man nor beast out there and yet Bear took off on me when I let him out to pee. I didn't get a chance to hook him up to the tether before he was gone.
I noticed those horses down the road were out in it too. Man that pisses me off. I hope someone calls the Humane Society again. It just isn't right. Those horses should be in a barn not standing out in the elements. Poor things. We went through this last winter and the Humane Society was called and did go out to talk to them. They tore their barn down and haven't built another one for the horses. They just leave them outside in all kinds of weather. Grrrrrrr.
Well, I'm off to find Bear or call him home and then I'm getting snuggly warm in bed. Have a great night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home