~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Driving Myself

I managed to get the dentures back in yesterday morning. It was a long day. By 7:30 last night I couldn't stand it any more and took them back out. This morning I'm procrastinating, still haven't put them back in. I'm dreading it. They hurt. I go back this afternoon for more adjustments. I tried eating again last night. Scrambled eggs with toast this time. It was hard to chew. Hopefully it's going to get easier with the adjustments. My whole face still feels swollen and out of whack. I remember when one of our neighbour/friends got dentures, her face was covered in bruises. I guess I'm lucky that didn't happen to me. But I also remember her mowing down on a hamburger with the bruised face, I can't even imagine trying that yet. I find myself regretting doing this. I was getting along fine with the few teeth I had left. I can't imagine these things ever being comfortable. As I'm sitting here toothless I'm wondering what I was thinking. But really it had to be done. Perhaps if they had made the dentures look more like my own teeth I'd be happier. It totally changes the look of my whole face. My smile is what I can't get over, it's not my smile any more. It's a stranger smiling back at me in the mirror. And it's just not attractive.

So Mr. Man got the phone call yesterday. My sister and father are coming up for a visit today. The house is a mess again. I've been too busy with my pain and suffering to do any housework. I expected a little more notice than one day. They'll be picking up my other sisters Christmas presents because they'll be going up to see her and I won't. At least now I won't have to mail the gifts, not that I would have minded. So of course I had to rush to wrap them as soon as I heard they were coming. I did a sloppy job. I wasn't in the mood for wrapping. I'm hoping my sister won't notice, or at least won't mind.

It's another ugly rainy day. It's so dark out it's like night. Mr.Man left me the car and got a ride to work. I get to drive myself to my adjustment appointment yay. I also get to run some other errands while I'm at it. I'll be picking him up at his physio therapy appointment this evening. He went over to Sws last night and finished off the truck. Now he just needs to get plates and stickers on it, then we're good to go. I look forward to being mobile again, but I am apprehensive because it's been so long. Like I wish I had more notice that I would be driving today so I could mentally prepare.

Well the house isn't going to clean itself, I better get at it. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home