~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, September 29, 2008

Freecycle And Cheapcycle

You've heard me go on about Freecycle, I just think it's such a great idea. The purpose is to keep good junk out of the landfills. It's a message board and people post things they have that they want to give away rather than throw in the garbage. You can also post requests if you're looking for something. It's all done through email and it's all free. There is also a site called Cheapcycle. It's the same idea as Freecycle except it's for selling and buying stuff. It's like an online garage sale. For the first time I posted something on Cheapcycle yesterday. I haven't had any bites yet. I figured rather than give it away on Freecycle why not try to get a few bucks for it first. We'll see how it goes. As I was perusing the Freecycle sites, I belong to several groups since I live in between all the towns that have sites, I saw someone asking for stuff that I happen to have that I never even thought of posting. Great! One of the things is shingles. We just happen to have a few left over bundles of shingles piled up on our back deck. They are in the way and have been driving me crazy all summer. I never even thought of posting them. The other thing is garden edging. I just happen to have some of that too. It's been in the shed taking up room for years. I'll never use it. I took it out of my gardens. Again, great, I never thought of posting it and wouldn't mind getting rid of it. So I have someone coming here this morning to pick up the shingles and garden edging. Stuff that we won't use, is in the way, and I would have never thought of posting.

I never did go through the stuff I was planning to go through yesterday. I have a ton of clothes to go through. And of course that buried box. I also have toys that I was hanging onto for grandchildren that I think it's time to part with. I have a lot of stuff to get rid of really, I've been saving it for the yard sale that never happens. The problem is I can't get at a lot of it. That's how crammed our basement, garage and spare room are. We are getting rid of things slowly, one thing at a time. I would prefer to have a yard sale, but lets face it, it isn't going to happen any time soon. Meanwhile the clutter is just driving me mad. Also in a couple of weeks my friend will be here to teach me the ropes of eBay. Though I'm probably better off just sticking with Cheapcycle. Freecycle is great for getting rid of clothes if you don't have anyone to hand them down to. Little R lost weight this summer so we have a lot of clothes that are too big for her.

So I'm all excited about Freecycle and Cheapcycle, until I have someone stand me up. Then I'll be frustrated with it again. I don't know why people do that, but they do. They say they are coming to pick something up and don't show up. I'm excited at the idea of decluttering this house. Well at least I'm excited about something for a change.

Tomorrow is court again. We are hoping this will be the end of the whole thing. Not sure what to expect though. It's been 6 months! It's time for Mr. Man to move back home. It was time a long time ago. How much longer can they drag this out? It has to end sometime. None of it should have ever happened in the first place, but it did. It's been a very depressing experience. I'm kind of excited about this too, thinking it may come to an end. At the same time I'm a little terrified that it won't end. So tomorrow we'll find out if the nightmare continues or not.

I've been up since 4:30 a.m. That's a little early to start the day. I'm almost ready for a nap already. I just have to remember I have people coming to pick up those shingles and edging. It just wouldn't do to be in bed when they show up. It would also suck to stay up waiting and have them not show up. Such is the life of a Freecycler lol. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home