~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Feeling Grateful

A few months ago I slipped down the stairs. As I was sliding down I grabbed the railing and hung on. This seemed to have pulled my arm out of whack. Ever since then my shoulder has been really stiff and sore. I can barely raise my arm to shave my armpit or to put on deodorant. Getting dressed is sometimes a challenge too. I told the doctor about it and he showed me some exercises I can do and ordered some tests to be taken at my liesure. I guess I should be thankful I didn't break a hip or anything.

Speaking of thankful. I'm feeling grateful this morning. I'm thankful to have a roof over my head, although it leaks, it's a roof nonetheless. Without Mr. Man working his ass off every day, I wouldn't have this roof. So I'm thankful for him. I'm thankful that he is able to get up and go to work every day. I'm thankful that he has a job to go to. I'm thankful that he loves me. He loves me enough to work his ass off every day so I can have a roof over my head. I'm thankful that my kids are healthy. They're royal brats, but they're healthy. I'm thankful that I have enough to eat. My diet is seriously lacking, but the options are available. I'm thankful for my friends, old and new. I may not see much of them but they are there for me. I'm thankful for my dog. He gets me up and moving each day. He eats like a horse, but he's a very good guard dog. I'm thankful for all the things I have that money can buy. Again thanks to Mr. Man. I'm also thankful for all the things I have that money cannot buy.

It's chilly in here this morning. I'm tempted to make a fire. But then my instinct tells me to save the firewood for when we really need it. Like when it's -20 and we run out of propane. I sure hope it's going to warm up today. This is what happens when I get up early, it's chilly early in the morning. Unlike when I get up at noon and the sun is blazing. But where is the scorching heat of summer? Surely it's not over yet. It's still August dammit. But actually the familyroom, where the computer is, is always cold, even in the heat of the summer. I went and got the phone cords for the laptop last night, well, we're on dial up. They were over at the trailer. Didn't I leave them in the back seat of the car, the car is gone to work with Mr. Man, duh. I really want to sit outside on my laptop. I'm thankful I have the choice between my desktop and my laptop. The things money can buy. Though I've hardly used my laptop. Mr. Man has had more use of it than I have. There, that's better, I put my robe on and now it's not so bad in here. My bones ache just thinking about another winter here.

Little R had the radio on the other day. Whatever station she listens to , they play the same songs over and over again. So now I've got a song stuck in my head. "I kissed a girl and I liked it...the taste of her cherry chapstick." UGH. But I'm thankful for the stereos we have to listen to music when we want to.

Well I should go and get back to the laundry. The mountain is actually getting smaller. Now I just need to find drawer and closet space for it all. Have a great day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

oh, oh, i think i see a hunt for more dressers coming soon....have ya been on freecycle yet to see if there are any? im betting you have :)

11:30 AM  
Blogger Char said...

No I haven't been looking for more dressers lol. We actually already have a couple of spares I can use if needed.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Celeste said...

Ask your doctor for a prescription for Pennsaid. It's a topical anti-inflammitory... works wonders on those body parts that ache. I have a bad shoulder too and that's what I use when it acts up. Shame on him for telling you to do excercises... LOL

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home