~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Freecycling Fool

Well I finally got around to going through some of the toys we have hanging around here. Some of this stuff hasn't been seen in years. I posted a bunch of it on Freecycle. Some of it is being picked up today. I had hoped to get rid of all of it though. I had a box of stuff in the basement that I was saving for grandchildren. When I looked through that box I found that the box had gotten wet and the bottom was all moldy. Half the stuff I thought was in that box wasn't there, and there were things in there that I didn't know were in there. Fortunately nothing was ruined. So far this week I have managed to empty 2 boxes, one in the basement and one in the spare bedroom. Whatever I can't get rid of on Freecycle I'll just drop off at the Thrift Store. Freecycle is so convenient because people come right to your door to pick stuff up.

Little R is not doing well with school. The other day one of her teachers phoned to tell me she has never met Little R. She has never gone to that class once. She hasn't been to school yet this week. I am going to set up a meeting with the school to try to figure out a solution to this problem. Maybe she needs to change schools. All I know is I don't want her to drop out like I did. But that seems to be the path we are headed down. I'm at a loss. I don't know what we can say to her to change things. I figure the school are the professionals and they must see this kind of thing all the time, so they should know how to deal with it.

It poured rain all day yesterday. Today it's supposed to clear up and it's supposed to warm up too. We got a few bags of firewood yesterday. That will last a couple of days. It doesn't seem too bad in here this morning, I'm not freezing to death. So I won't bother with a fire today if I don't need to.

I snagged some pictures off of my brothers Facebook. Here we are at the restaurant for my birthday dinner. The first one is me and Mr. Man.



The next one is my sister and my father.



Next is my sister, my father and my brother.



And last is me and Little R.



Missing is my brothers wife. I guess she was taking pictures. It's not very often that we get together. I asked my brother if he was planning to do the Christmas dinner thing again and he wasn't sure, he said they would decide closer to Christmas. As you can see my hair is finally growing back after having it cut off to donate. I need it cut again but am too afraid. I'll probably just trim my bangs myself and leave it at that. I've also stopped plucking my eyebrows which gives me a totally different look. Mr. Man says I don't look angry all the time this way lol. And the dentures, well they just completely change my face. I still don't like them and they still don't fit properly, even after having them relined. These are not the most flattering photos, but oh well.

I went to the doctor the other day. They had called me in after getting the results of my blood tests. I have high cholesterol. He explained everything to me, my risk % etc. and gave me the choice of going on medication or not. I chose not yet. I need to quit smoking. That will lower my risk. For me to quit smoking Mr. Man would have to quit too and he's not ready just yet. He's under too much stress. Some day we will quit together.

I never did get dressed yesterday. It was too rainy and yucky. Today I plan on getting dressed. How crazy that getting dressed is like a major goal for the day. I've been up for 2 hours and am still in my jammies. But since I have someone from Freecycle coming to pick up some toys I will have to get dressed for that. Have a great day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Nice pics!! Can't believe your dad!! The man never changes I swear to god he looks the same as he did 30 years ago!! Glad you got the chance to get together!

As for the school and little R...the problem is by high school, the teachers arent like grade school, if they want to learn theyre willing to teach but if not, well they look at it like theres 25 other kids that do want to learn..I'm amazed and surprised that the teeacher even called you! Good for her to take the time and care enuff to try and work something out.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home