~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

It's October, Big Deal

We spent 3 hours at court for a 2 minute hearing, ugh. The nightmare continues. It got put off again until the middle of November. But it sounds like that will be the end of it and it will be thrown out of court. That is why Mr. Man hired the high priced attorney, this is the outcome we've been working towards. Meanwhile we are continuing with family counselling. This is what the court wants. Who knows, it may actually help us. It started with me going to counselling to deal with my depression. Then when this business happened with Mr. Man and Little R, the court suggested family counselling, so I asked my counsellor to take us on as a family and she agreed. I think we've made some progress.

On the Freecycle front, I was a little surprised when a woman showed up to pick up the shingles, without a man. So, I had to help her load them into her van. Man are those things ever heavy. But they're gone, yay. I also got rid of 2 big bags of Little Rs clothes. I really should go through my own clothes too. But I really do wear all my stuff. I can just go months without doing my laundry lol.

I read a lot of blogs. I have a lot of time on my hands for reading. Almost all the blogs I read have been mentioning how fall is their favourite time of year. I wouldn't say it's my favourite. I used to love it, but now, not so much. Like so many other things in my life, I'm finding it depressing. It's the end of the warmth of summer. Old man winter is lurking just around the corner. I'm dreading fighting with the propane company to deliver fuel. I'm dreading having to shovel a path for them to get to the tank. I'm just dreading being cold. I'm already cold all the time and it's only the first of October. The propane tank is empty. We still owe them money from last winter. We've just been putting off paying them, but it's time now. I'm debating making a fire today. There isn't much point if I'm only going to end up going to sleep later. I've been getting up at 4:30 every day and ending up needing a nap. I don't understand all the hoopla about fall. I guess if you're into baking apple pies and whatnot. Which I'm not. You know, I've never made a pie in my life. Sure I'd love to, but I don't think it's something you can just do, you need to know how. Who's going to teach me how to make pie? I wouldn't know where to begin. And I'm not very good at following recipes. Even when I do, it doesn't turn out right. So, when we eat pie, it's of the store bought variety. And all the decorating that goes on. I don't have that much autumn decorations and I didn't see anything in the dollar store yesterday worth buying. There's only so much you can do with pumpkins. Then you have to tear it all down in a month to decorate for Christmas. Just not into it. But I used to be. Speaking of Christmas, I forget which store it was, but I did see Christmas decorations out already. Jeez. Oh I know, it was Zellers. Yeah, we were there only because we heard about a 75% off sale. I don't like Zellers. And the sale was pretty lame, it was only a few things that were 75% off, nothing we wanted. We did get a memory foam mattress top for 25% off. It does make our lumpy bed more comfortable. I think these bloggers who are all excited it's fall don't live in my neck of the woods.

I don't know what I'm going to do today. I'm not feeling too good. Little R seemed to be getting sick yesterday, maybe I caught something from her. And I'm just damn cold. See, this all makes the bed so inviting. Curling up in bed with a good book, it's what I do. Though the book I'm currently reading sucks, I have to finish it. I can't read half a book, even when it sucks. Not feeling very motivated today. Oh yeah, SW sold her house. That means she'll be moving away, depressing, and also we have to move our trailer out of her driveway. I'm not looking forward to having that hulk back in our driveway. It'll be even more lonely here in paradise with her gone. Sigh. Well that's enough babbling for one day. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home