~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, October 06, 2008

Wanted - Space To Store Firewood

Even though it is freezing in this house, it was a lovely fall weekend. On Saturday we didn't do much. We went to town and got our turkey for next weekend. We got the only pre-stuffed, cook from frozen one that was there. It's pretty small. There's only going to be 6 people at dinner so it should be fine. That kind does go fast, some stores don't even sell them, so I was just happy to find one at all. They are much easier to cook than the ones you have to thaw and stuff.

On Sunday we drove to the Reserve for smokes. It was a beautiful day for a drive. On the way back we stopped to buy some mums to put on the front deck. We found a place with excellent prices, but still Mr. Man would only let me get small ones. Then we saw a pile of free stuff at the side of the road, had to stop and check it out. I got 3 clear vases out of it. Most of my vases are coloured and I was looking for a clear one, so it was perfect.

We still haven't chopped up that tree we cut down. We were going to do it Saturday, but other things came up. We had a few logs in the driveway that Mr. Man had picked up somewhere about a year ago. So they were seasoned, so we cut them up. One of them turned out to be rotten so it'll go to the bonfire pit. I tried burning some of it in the fireplace and it just didn't burn well at all. We are planning on ordering a load of firewood, the only problem is we have nowhere dry to store it. Next summer we have to clean out the garage. It's just ridiculous. I wish we had done it this summer, but this summer was a write off. You can't even walk through it any more, it's just that packed full of crap. It's a total waste of good space and a waste of all the things in there that we can't get at to use. And it would be great for storing firewood, if we could fit it in.

Well I'm actually getting out of the house today. I told my friend about the great deal I got on the mums and she wants to go buy some and asked me to come along for the drive. So I must go now and have a shower and actually get dressed. Most days I sit around in my jammies all day, with nowhere to go and nothing to do. So have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home