~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, October 13, 2008

When Did Long Weekends Get So Short?

Long weekends just aren't long enough any more. All the fun and excitement is over. I'm alone again, looking over all the pictures and thinking what a freak I look like. First of all, do something with the eyebrows, like start plucking them again. Secondly, the hair. Do something with it. It's growing back after having it hacked off to donate, and it looks terrible. Plus, never cut your own bangs the day you're having your picture taken! Never, just don't do it. And the outfit. It didn't do a thing for me. That was the first time I ever wore it. I received it through Freecycle months ago, never even tried it on. I thought it looked Thanksgiving-y. It was very comfortable. But it really didn't suit me. Little R tried warning me, but I did not heed her fashion wisdom.

I wanted to get out of the house today, it was a fabulous day, just gorgeous out, so we went for a drive. We stopped in at D&Ss new place but they weren't home. So we just drove around, grabbed a coffee and headed back home. I didn't bring my camera, which I meant to, you know, in case we saw some wildlife or some nice fall colours. Then Mr. Man reminded me that his new phone has a camera on it. I took several photos, but they are from such a distance, they aren't very good. We haven't figured out the zoom on it yet.

We came home and I took pictures (with my camera) of the next thing I want to sell on Ebay. I haven't gotten to posting my listing yet. I'm not sure how. Then Mr. Man indulged me in a couple of games of darts, during which I started drinking wine again. Before you know it I had a fire going and the windows wide open. It was too warm for a fire as it was last night, but I just love having a fire. Then I ate a plate of heated leftovers and that made me feel ill. It was great while I was eating it, but after I was done, not so much. I just had to have some more of that green bean casserole and stuffing. And now I'm having cake.

The weekend flew by. Much too fast. As I sit here alone, and Thanksgiving and my birthday are officially over, I am feeling lonely. What I'd give to have one more day of weekend. The house is so quiet now. It's just me and the dog. I had a lovely day, but it didn't feel like my birthday at all. Last year on my birthday we took the dogs to a rabies clinic for their shots. And it felt like my birthday. Go figure. I don't know if it's because we already celebrated it or if it's just old age or what it is. It didn't feel special. Sigh. I so dislike the end of the weekends. Back to the grind. I guess I live for the weekends. Especially long ones. Won't be another until Christmas now. Thankfully Mr. Man gets the whole week off, no going into work between the holidays. Well I now definately know what not to wear to the company party. So that's how I get by, just look forward to the next holiday. The scenery was gorgeous today. Today was fun, today is done, tomorrow is another one. Have a great night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home