~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Should We Stay Or Should We Go?

One day last week Mr. Man was pulled over on his way to work to put water in the car, it was still overheating. While he was pulled over he called in to the radio for the Stump The Chump contest. Didn't he win it AGAIN! He only got 2 questions right this time but that was enough to win. He won $100 gift certificate for Playdium, $100 gift certificate for pizza, 2 tickets to a movie, 4 tickets to Wild Water Kingdom and 4 tickets to the Q107 Summer Bash. At first we thought he only won 2 tickets to the bash. He had to wait for an email with his pass which he just got on Monday. He hasn't been able to go pick up his other prizes yet. It turns out this bash is this Thursday. Everyone we've asked to go with us can't go, mainly because they have to work Friday morning. Now Mr. Man is saying he doesn't really want to go if no one goes with us. It's a gotta "win to get in" event. It's a once in a lifetime thing. I don't want to miss it. Mr. Man doesn't really want to miss it either. I am really hoping we can find someone who wants to go.

The car is a wreck. It could just die at any moment. Mr. Man has done some things to it to keep it going. So far so good. Last week my friend D sent me a link to a truck for sale on Kijiji. We went to see it last Saturday and ended up buying it. We're picking it up this week. It's an old beater but it has low mileage. If it lasts a couple of years it will be well worth it.

On Saturday the rain held off all day. I had high hopes that it would just blow over. No such luck. As we were getting ready to go to the party it started raining. It rained pretty much for the whole night. Eventually it did stop. Thankfully it was just a light rain. We went to the party. There were plenty of people there but I think there would have been a lot more if it wasn't raining. There was a pig roast and other food. There was a bonfire, which was cool it was on an island, you had to cross a bridge to get to it. There was a band. Me and Mr. Man pretty much hung out with S & D the whole time. It was like the 4 of us were in our own little world. We danced. We had a great time. None of us won the bike. We danced and partied in the rain. It was fun. We got home around 3 a.m. We left before finding out who won the bike, but we knew already that we didn't win. We could have stayed longer but Mr. Man wanted to go.

This weekend I have to make another potato salad to take to my friend Celestes. The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend for a change. I'm just hoping it isn't windy like it was when we went there in July. Her house is right on the water. I'd like to be able to take the dog on the beach. So we're looking forward to that.

Looking forward to picking up our new beater truck. The next few days are going to be busy. Oh my visit with Cathy last week was good. We took the dog and just walked all over town. We stopped to eat. We sat in the park for a couple of hours just chatting. She got an excellent deal on baby clothes at the Thrift Store. We had a really nice visit.

I think I have Mr. Man convinced we should go to the bash thing whether someone comes with us or not. That's tomorrow. It starts at 7 so really we can make it an early night if we want to. We've never been to the Sound Academy before, I'm into checking it out. Then Friday I'll be making the potato salad to take to Celestes on Saturday. We'll spend the day there and have a good time I'm sure. At some point before that we need to go pick up the truck. It's going to be a busy few days. At some point we need to make arrangements to go to my sisters cottage with my nephew. Looking forward to that also.

Should we stay home or should we go to the bash? That is the question. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home