~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturday Morning Chatter



That is a Lilac bloom. The smell of these flowers is glorious. I never cut them to put into vases. The bush isn't big enough yet to be cutting. I recently read somewhere that it brings bad luck to cut Lilacs and bring them into the house. This bush has grown measurably since we moved here. It's now about 5 feet tall. I don't want to mess it up or kill it by cutting it. I always thought that when it grows into a tree I won't mind taking cuttings, but now that I know about the bad luck thing I'm not so sure. I didn't think I was superstitious, but guess what? Yes, I am. I can actually remember a couple of times, about 25 years ago, when I did cut Lilacs from my mothers huge bush/tree, and there was in fact, bad luck to follow.

Thursday was a fabulously hot day. At one point I glanced at my thermometer and it was somwhere over 30 degrees celsius. I spent the majority of the day sleeping, ugh. I spent a little time outside. I planted some Petunias in my half-barrels. I bought 2 flats of regular Petunias and a 6-pack of Wave Petunias. I now realize that 2 flats is way more than I actually need. I wasn't thinking at the time when I bought them. Each flat contains 48 individual flowers. One flat probably would've been enough for me. The colour scheme this year is purple and white. So I got some pure white, several varying shades of purple, and then some that are purple and white striped. I'll take pictures of my various planters and hanging baskets once they fill out.

The weather for the weekend is supposed to be warm and then thunderstorms. The grass needs to be mowed again, so that will likely get done today, before the rain. The task of rearranging my gardens to accomodate the new "flower bed" has become daunting. When I came up with the idea, things were just sprouting. Now they are in full bloom. That's probably the worst possible time to transplant plants.

I've decided against using that old toilet as a planter. I just can't bring myself to do it. My yard just isn't that big. If I could stick it off in a corner, partially hidden by trees or something, then yeah, but there is nowhere to partially hide it here. So, we're going to put it out to the curb on the next large item pick up day.

Oh yeah, did I mention the third house that went up for sale? It sold within a week or so. Man, it's killing me. I want to sell. But we can't until we do a shitload of work. I guess I'm happy just to know it is possible. I was so worried because in previous years these places didn't sell so easily. It seems to go in spurts. Every other year a few places go on the market at the same time. The freaks nextdoor took their sign down. I don't know what this means. I don't see any indication that they are preparing to move. It wasn't long after the SOLD sticker went on that the sign just disappeared. But the rumour is that it is sold and they are moving. Now that I think about it, there are indications. She hasn't planted her usual annuals. There are no hanging baskets on the garage. Every other year there has been. Cool.

I was just daydreaming about eggs. I'm hungry. I want an omelet. I think I'll go wake up Mr. Man to take me out for breakfast. Have a lovely day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home