~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Another Town, Another Fair, Another 4-H Show

We headed out to the 4-H show around 10:30. It was cool outside and Mr. Man told me it was going to be a cool day. So I wore pants rather than shorts. By the time we were sitting in the stands of the outdoor ring in the noonday sun, I thought I was going to die from the heat. I don't know how the judges or the kids in the ring can stand it. So I had to keep walking away in search of shade. There was an ocassional breeze which was heavenly. At least this time we remembered to bring chairs. One of them got trashed, wasn't there when it happened so don't know what happened other than it got ripped. Could have been when Mr. Man sat in it. Those chairs aren't made for people of weight. Anyhow, it just seemed like an endless show. Last year there was only the two girls in it and they were always in the ring together. This year S.Ws son is in it too. Plus their calves are all different ages so they are all in at different times. That's something we finally figured out this year, that we didn't understand last year. For the Showmanship round it goes by the age of the kids and for the Conformation round it goes by the age of the calf. So the girls are in the ring together for Showmanship, we only have to sit through two rounds of that. But they all go in seperately for Conformation which means three rounds. Some judges are quick about it, some are not. Every show has a different judge. It also depends on how many kids are in the ring, the more there are the longer it takes. So Little R came in fifth for Showmanship and fifth again for Conformation. Way to go. She got a ribbon and $30 a pop. D.W came in first in her Conformation for which she got like $75. Way to go. It's about time they started winning. They won a lot last year. Last year the weather wasn't so good. It was cold and rainy for a lot of the outdoor shows. I didn't like it then, but now I think it's better than the sun beating down on us. Ah well, next weekend another town another fair another show. Yeehaw.

Here's some pictures...

J.W showing his fiesty Jersey calf.



Little R showing her Holstien, Lia. She shared a laugh with the judge, something about cow snot.



And D.W showing her very pushy Jersey.


And here's me sitting in the shade of the makeshift barn wishing it would all be over soon. I think I see the beginnings of the rip in the chair.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home