~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Pig Roast

So we were all ready to go to the Farmers Market bright and early to exchange the belt we bought for Little R which was too small and don't you know she can't find it! How does this happen? To be honest I haven't even peeked into her room in ages. It must be quite the quagmire if she can lose a belt in one week. The thing is she needs a belt for showing. Its part of the uniform thing. White pants, white shirt, safety boots and a black belt. Who ever came up with the white thing? They are working with cows. That involves lots of muck and poop. Her whites get pretty dirty every time. So, since she doesn't have a black belt that fits, she's been wearing one of mine. Unfortunately the only one I have that is suitable, also happens to be my all time favourite belt, ever. It can't be replaced. I bought it off a guy who had a few of them, I think they were hot, and it was a one time thing. It's very cool as far as belts go, it has a Harley Davidson buckle and yet is feminine. Its perfect, for a belt. And though the one we got her was a good deal, only $10, it just sucks to have to dish out another $10 or more, just because she can't find the damn thing to exchange. And I want my belt back before she demolishes it. Mr. Man went to the reserve for smokes bright and early.

We went to the Trike-In. Every Labour Day weekend they have a doo at a campground down the road from us, so we usually attend for an afternoon or evening. This year we were hoping to finally catch the rodeo games. We didn't. For the first time we had to go to the office to get a visitors pass costing $5. We get in there only to find hardly anyone was there and our friends, the people we go there to see, weren't there and weren't expected to be showing up. $5 more down the toilet. And disappointing we didn't get to see our friends.

We bought a 24 of cheapo beer to take to the pig roast nextdoor. We drank the whole damn thing between the two of us, ugh. I'm a little hungover, again. But yeah, we had a blast. It was a very good party. It was actually a 3 household party. They opened the fence between the yards. The pig was roasted nextdoor, then the next house had the corn roast and the bonfire and the next house had all the salads and the karaoke. The food was fabulous. I didn't even bother going into the dessert tent, couldn't eat another bite. Everything was set up perfectly. There were tons of people. It was nice to party with the neighbourhood again. I can't tell you how great it is to see life happening nextdoor. The old neighbours were weirdos. The curtains were always closed, the house was always dark and you hardly saw them out. Now the place has life and light, and open curtains. So Mr. Man sang several songs on the karoke, which is always fun. No amount of alcohol could make me get up there in front of that many people. They had quite the set up, its elaborate, fabulous entertainment. We were actually the lucky recipients of the old karaoke system, which we never use, when they upgraded. Then later it moved to guitar and singing down at the firepit. Mr. Man was right on that too. Eventually we ran out of beer and stamina and staggered on home.

Here's a couple of pictures...









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home