~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Mixed Bag Day

Its thundering outside so Bear woke me up. Its 4 a.m. This is getting ridiculous. I'm getting large bags under my eyes.

So yesterday, there was much confusion getting Little R off to school. We thought she was getting a ride with S.W but as the bus time drew closer and we got no answer on the phone and she wasn't showing up, Mr. Man drove Little R down to the bus stop. Then she didn't get home til an hour and a half after I expected her home. We still don't know what the bus schedule is. Little R says everyone who was waiting at the bus stop ended up getting a ride, the bus never came. And supposedly they get dropped off at the old school down the road and get on another bus there which then takes them to the high school. Coming home they got dropped off there, and walked from there, making stops at the store and other kids homes on the way, which is what took her an hour and a half.

In the morning I went for my biopsy. I must be getting used to it because it all seemed to be a lot quicker than I remembered. The doctor said everything looked normal and if the results are normal I won't be hearing from him again. I am to continue with regular PAP tests with my regular doctor. I was happy about that.

I had taken 2 Lorazepams so I would be calm and relaxed for the procedure. When I got home I just wanted to sleep. I was tucked in bed before Mr. Man was leaving to go back to work. I hardly remember him leaving. I woke up an hour or so later to Big R. I knew she was coming up and had asked Mr. Man to leave the door unlocked for her. She woke me up gently at least. Once I was awake I remembered she was bringing her dog and was surprised I couldn't even tell the dog was here. I expected Eddie to attack her. Nothing. They all got along fine. So Big R and I had a nice afternoon together. She drove me to town and we got a coffee and drove around. Then we came back and waited for Little R. We walked all the dogs down to the bus stop. After waiting a few minutes and thinking we saw them walking, we decided to head back home. Thats when all hell broke loose. There was another dog, on a leash waiting at the bus stop for the little kids. I crossed the street to avoid it, because Bear started pulling as soon as he saw it. I lost control of him, he ripped the leash from my hand. He went over to the other dog just sniffing. But the lady holding the other dog was freaking and I think thats what started the whole thing. If she had just stayed calm none of it would have happened. They started fighting. This lady and her friend did nothing but stand there screaming. They were very rude and obnoxious. I had Eddie so there wasn't much I could do. Big R handed Penelopes leash to me and she went and pulled Bear off. Me and Big R stayed quite calm, the other two were hysterical. Of course Bear came out on top. I hope the other dog wasn't hurt. But I'm sure we're going to hear about it via a letter from the township. The other dog was carrying on too, barking and whatnot. But the lady just stood there, made no move to distract her dog, or to break up the ensuing fight. So I came home feeling guilty and pissed off. Of all the dogs on this street, Bear and Eddie are the only ones who get regular walks. Everyone else just keeps them in their fenced backyards. Except to take them to go sit at the bus stop. No thats not quite true. There are a couple of little dogs who moved in this summer who get regular walks also. Anyhow it was traumatic.

Finally Little R got home and Big R took her to town. They got some more school supplies and a couple of belts. Yay, I can have my belt back now. So this was our last visit before she leaves for PEI. I couldn't help crying when she left. As soon as she left Mr. Man took Little R over to the farm to wash Lia. I guess they didn't do it after the show which they are supposed to. Mr. Man got home from work at the same time the girls got back from town. It was another early to bed night. But this getting up at 3 and 4 a.m has got to stop.

I was sad to see Big R leave. But we did talk about it and she assured me we will see her again. She'll be coming back for visits and we can visit her any time. And the best part was when she told me she would miss me too. I do understand her reasons for wanting to go. I do wish her well, but in the back of my mind I hope it doesn't work out and she comes back here to live. But I honestly don't think that will happen. I think she'll do just fine and stay down there.

Heres a picture of Big R and Little R just before she left...



And heres a couple of pictures of Little R showing Lia on Monday...



Thats it. Have a great day. I'm off to do laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home