~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Best Laid Plans

One day last week Little R came in from school asking me who left a bag of apples by the front door. I had no idea. After asking around, I found out they were from D.W who had stopped by but got no answer at the door. That evening when Mr. Man came in from work he said someone had dumped a pile of dog poo in the driveway, right beside the drivers door of the car. Hmmmm. A few days later Little R came home with a bag of pears from one of our neighbours. Do we look hungry or what? I don't know what I'm going to do with all this fruit. I don't know how to bake a pie. Maybe it's time to learn.

So the 4-H show last Saturday...it was a long day. The show started around 10:30 a.m but the demolition derby didn't start until 4 p.m. Little R had to be at the farm to wash her calf at 7:30 a.m. So the day started early and there was a bit of running around. Fortunately we got into the fair for free, otherwise we would have had to pay $6 each. That's one good thing about being in the 4-H. Sometimes they make the parents pay, sometimes they don't. Little R came in ninth place for Showmanship and she came in second in the Conformation round. Good job. After the show, Mr. Man and I headed over to the beer tent and Little R hit the midway rides. We watched lawn tractor races for the first time, it was funny, while we waited for the demolition derby to start. We stayed for most of the demolition derby. Well what we could see of it from the beer tent. They had the registration tent set up right in front of the beer tent, blocking the view. Last year we went and sat in the bleachers to see everything. This year, even though I wasn't in much of a drinking mood, Mr. Man was, so we stayed put in the beer tent and watched what we could see. I don't know if they do that on purpose or if it's just poor planning, but it was the same last year with the registration tent being in the way. Besides, that way, staying in the beer tent, Little R knew where to find us. It was a weird day weather-wise. When the sun was shining it was warm, but it was windy, and the wind was quite chilly. I think I got a wind burn on my face that day. S.W and D.W didn't drink with us, they went to sit in the bleachers, because they had been out drinking the night before and couldn't handle it two days in a row. So it was just me and Mr. Man. We did run into some folks we know. I just really wasn't in the mood. We were all glad to get home.

Though I'm still depressed, it seems to have eased up a bit this week. Hopefully this will continue and eventually I'll feel better again. Good things are starting to happen again. Things are looking up again. Finances are looking up again. Mr. Man was hired permanently and signed up for benefits at the new job. As soon as we get the package in the mail we can start using the benefits. That means I can go get the rest of my teeth pulled and get my dentures finally. It also means we won't have to put out the money for all our medications. Mr. Man's alone is like $600 a month. So that's a bit of weight off our shoulders. Yup, things are looking up.

There isn't another 4-H show until Thanksgiving weekend. That isn't so far away, less than two weeks. For once my birthday doesn't fall on the same weekend. My birthday is the weekend after Thanksgiving weekend. I've invited the W clan over for Thanksgiving dinner. That always happens to me. I have one day where I feel good so I go ahead and make plans and extend invitations. But it should be ok. I believe the 4-H show is on the Saturday and the dinner on Sunday. That leaves Monday for chilling and relaxing. I'm going to try making the dessert that Big R made last year, Pumpkin Delight. At least that's the plan. I don't like pumpkin pie, but I loved this dessert. I guess that's what I'll be doing Saturday night after the show, as it needs to be prepared in advance. It'll be a good time, we always have a good time with S & D.W. We've never really had them over for dinner before though. Hopefully everything will just go as planned.

Here's a photo of Mr. Man and Little R sitting in the wind at the last 4-H show, waiting for the show to begin. Then Mr. Man with a Mickey Mouse head on. I think it suits him! And then the real Mickey and Mini. An acquaintance of ours, John, plays Mickey in the parade every year.







Well I'm off to do laundry. It never ends. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home