~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Friday, September 21, 2007

Thank Goodness It's Friday

Greetings.
It's been a week, and I"m still stuck with all the crap I posted on Freecycle. It's easy enough to go pick up other peoples junk, but another story getting rid of my stuff. It's so frustrating. Maybe we'll make another trip to the thrift store this weekend to drop off another load. I don't feel up to the task of having a yard sale. I just don't think it's the right time of year. Gotta do it in the spring when people have been deprived all winter and are eager for it. Every time I use that site I get a little more frustrated with it.

Last night was the 4-H meeting here. Mr. Man had the day off work for a doctor appointment so he helped me clean up, he even cut the grass. He knew I wasn't going to do it. The meeting went well, glad it's over with. I couldn't have had the house ready without the help of Mr. Man.

It's just about that time of year again for the Samaritans Purse, Operation Christmas Child. I have a bit of stuff left over from last year. This year I'm going to get the pre-made boxes from the drop off church. It was a hassle getting enough shoe boxes together and then covering them in wrapping paper. I was a little over-zealous last year, bought too much stuff and tried to cram too much into the boxes. I have a better idea of what I want to send this time, hopefully. Upon checking out the website I notice there are some changes. Like now they are saying don't send toothpaste. I sent toothpaste last year. It was okay last year. I wonder if it has anything to do with the counterfeit toothpaste that was being sold in discount stores and making people sick? At any rate, I look forward to shopping for this again, it's fun.

Thank goodness it's Friday. Tomorrow is another 4-H show. At least this one is at a good fair. This is the one with a beer tent and a demolition derby. That makes the sitting around and waiting a little easier to handle. Have a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home