~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, September 17, 2007

A Nice Weekend To Ourselves

The weekend was good. I guess Little R was a little burnt out from her camping trip and so she didn't want to go to the 4-H show on Saturday. It was nice to have the weekend to ourselves. This time of year most Saturdays are spent at 4-H shows and that involves a lot of sitting around and waiting. So we tried to exchange that belt again and the guy wasn't there again. I have a feeling we're going to be stuck with the belt.

We took a bunch of stuff to the thrift store. Pretty much all of the left overs from the community garage sale back in April. That cleared up a little patch in the garage. Apparently they had had a busy day of donations and wouldn't take it all. They did take most of it. Then we went to another store a couple of doors down and they took some too. Of course I'm still stuck with a couple of boxes, but thats ok, I'll get rid of it, it's mostly stuff that can be recycled, I'll just put it out to the curb. I still have a ton of stuff for a yard sale. But I think its too late now to do it this year, I'll have to wait for spring. Meanwhile the spare bedroom is just crammed with crap. It was funny, we stopped at a yard sale (some people are still having them) and it was all crap, we didn't buy anything, and then when we were at the thrift store dropping our stuff off so was the lady who had the yard sale. Well it was a step in the right direction. We did manage to get rid of a lot of junk.

Saturday night Mr. Man and I played some darts. Haven't done that in a while. We only played 3 games, he kicked my ass every time. I really felt it in my arm. In fact on Sunday I felt achey all over. I think I did more in one day than I've done in months.

Big R is now living in PEI. She drove down. She left Thursday morning and arrived Friday night. Safe and sound. The minute I realized she's really there and she's there to stay, I just bawled my heart out. I'm glad she made it safe and sound. I know she'll be happy there. But it just breaks my heart that she's gone. I can't just see her whenever I want to now. I have one less reason to go to the city. I miss her terribly already. I know I'll really miss her come the holidays. She is very close to my 92 year old father and I am just hoping this doesn't have a negative effect on his health. He must miss her terribly too. He saw more of her than I did. They are very close.

This week will be spent seriously cleaning the house. We are hosting the monthly 4-H meeting this month, which is this week. That's what I should be doing right now. But I'm procrastinating instead. It's the first time it's been at our house. The meetings rotate between all the members homes.

I got a good score from Freecycle this weekend. I got one of those 3 tiered serving dishes. I've always wanted one, but never seen one I liked, or could afford. I think they are great for desserts and treats. I keep picturing it full of my Christmas treats. It's a nice one, not at all the tacky thing I was expecting. The problem now is, it doesn't fit anywhere. Its too tall for any of my cupboards or cabinets. So now I have to find it a home. I also posted a few things on Freecycle this weekend. And its back to dealing with flakey people. Its all done by email. I had even offered to deliver an item, twice, because we were on our way to town anyways and I just want it out of my house. Of course being done by email she never got my messages in time. And now she's saying her hubby is too busy to come pick it up. So I'm still stuck with the item. This is what kept me away from Freecycle for quite a while, just tired of dealing with people. Its a simple concept, but some people can't just do it. They have to be difficult.

I found a new store. Well the store isn't new, I've just never went into it before. It is the Bulk Barn. They sell all kinds of things, food stuff, in bulk. What drew me in was the Halloween candy. They had lots of different candy. We spent a little over $50 on Halloween candy. I always like to make up the little bags of candy for Halloween. I figure it probably equalled out to what I would normally spend in all the other stores. But I was most delighted to see the other stuff they had. Like, sprinkles for cakes, cupcakes and cookies. They even had the little silver candy balls! They had them in gold too! They had decorating kits as well. They had premade flowers for putting on cakes! All kinds of cool stuff. I'm glad we decided to pop in and check it out.

So it was nice to spend the weekend together puttering around the house and making steps towards cleaning it up. Discovering new stores. We enjoyed our first fireplace fire of the season as well. It was a nice relaxing, slightly productive weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home