~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Sunday, September 30, 2007

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

It's a damn good thing that hair grows back! I've had more than my fair share of bad haircuts. And now I have yet another one. I knew it was going to be bad from the moment I walked into the place. When I last went for a trim, I mentioned my plan of donating my hair come the fall. That's when I was told the haircut would be free. Well when I asked about it being free, nobody knew what I was talking about and had to ask the manager. I made the mistake of going to one of those chain places where they seem to have a high turnover of employees. So the girl checks with the manager and tells me "someone will do it". I'm thinking what the hell is that supposed to mean? When my name is called, I get stuck with the old immigrant lady who doesn't have a fucking clue. Another girl had to keep coming over to tell her what she was doing wrong. Firstly she was putting my hair into 2 ponytails rather than 1. WTF? It just went downhill from there. She cut it way too short. She didn't understand what I was asking her to do to my hair. And it's a too short in the back, too long on the sides, fucking mess. I asked her straight out if she had ever done this before, and she said yes, in an offended tone. I swear I could have done a better job myself. Piss me off. No good deed goes unpunished.

Before...



During...


After....


The last time this happened to me was 4 years ago. When I went to have it fixed I ended up near bald. It took 4 years to grow it out long enough to donate. I'm going to let it grow out a bit before going to have it fixed this time so I don't end up near bald again. Fuckin stupid bitch. I specifically told her I don't want it straight across the back, like blunt. Looks pretty straight and blunt to me. It was her way or the highway. Either she was just too stupid, just too untalented at cutting hair, or just pissed off because I asked her if she had done this before. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Either way, this is one of the very worst haircuts I've ever had. Don't you just hate when that happens? I know I do. Grrrrrrrrrr.
Edited to add:
You know I was ok with it. There was no point in getting upset, it'll grow back. It's not like it's the first time this has happened to me. I was handling it quite well. But after posting this entry I became very upset.
If I ever find a decent hairstylist I am sticking to them like glue. They will have a happy, paying customer for life. I don't think I'll be going back to the chain places. I'll find one that is owned and operated, hopefully they would be more concerned with pleasing their customers.
I mailed my hair off to Angel Hair For Kids in Mississauga. I'll probably do it again in another 3 or 4 years, depending on how fast my hair grows.
I'm just going to try to not worry too much about it and wait for it to grow and just deal with it. Still no point in getting upset. I'm just disappointed.
The good news is, the Samaritans Purse pre-made shoeboxes are in, and we can pick them up tomorrow. I'm excited to get started on that. It's such fun shopping for this. I would encourage anyone to try it. I feel really good when I do it, knowing I'm giving kids hope and giving them things they may otherwise never have. Simple things. We do 6 boxes. 3 for boys in age groups 2-4, 5-9, and 10-14 and 3 for girls in the same age groups. The website again is, samaritanspurse.ca/occ for anyone who wants to check it out. Giving feels good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home