~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Another Boring Post

It's 5:30 Saturday morning. I've been up since 4. But this time it was on purpose. Mr. Man had me set the alarm clock for 4 because he has a job interview this morning at 7. It will take him over an hour to get there. It's kind of funny that he's going on a job interview when things are just starting to look up with his current new job. We just this week started using the benefits. This is the first job he's ever had with health benefits! It sure is nice to pay $1.50 for a presciption rather than hundreds of dollars. Mr. Man went to see the doctor this week and he was put on a whole slew of new medications, for his diabetes and high blood pressure and an aspirin regiment for heart attack prevention. Jeez. The timing of getting the benefits is perfect. So for him to take this new job, not only does it need to provide benefits, but also a substantial pay hike and a company vehicle. I'm really looking forward to the Christmas party with his current employer. I'm anxious to hear the outcome of this interview. Money talks.

We are going to a Halloween party tonight. Mr. Man wanted me to go with him to the job interview because it is much closer to the party place than our home is. But that would have meant spending all day hanging around in a strange town waiting to go to the party. That was a little unreasonable, so he changed his mind, thankfully. To be honest, I'm not in much of a mood to party. But then again, it's too early in the morning to be in the mood for much of anything. I may feel more like it later. Or maybe not. We won't be dressing up for it either. But that's ok, I'm sure there will be lots of people there without costumes. I am strangely really not looking forward to this. What's that about? I love to party. I think it's just the long drive I'm not looking forward to.

Little R and Mr. Man were fooling around with my camera. They were trying to set up the delay so we could take some family pictures of us all together, without the benefit of the instruction book. We couldn't find the book. Now my camera has some weird settings where it's taking really wide pictures. I don't know how to fix this. Amazing! I just typed the above sentence then looked in the desk drawer and there is the book! We'll be resetting the camera later today.

In other news, the truck is about ready to bring home. The painting is done. That might be on the to do list for today also. Little R has been sick the last couple of days. I'm just holding my breath waiting to catch her virus, hoping it will pass me by this time. There is Christmas stuff out in the stores already! I bought some greeting cards last night. We haven't even got our Halloween pumpkins yet, jeez. That's something else on the list of things to do today, get pumpkins. They sell them at a farm just down the road. We looked at them at the grocery store last night, but they were all pretty small.

I made the appointment to get the rest of my teeth pulled, ugh. Because it's been a year, the dentist doesn't think the dentures will fit now. I also found out the dentures will cost another $1600 which I wasn't aware of. I thought the money we already paid covered them, but no, that was just to have them made, the lab fee. I'm going to have one expensive mouth when this is all said and done. So when I get my teeth out they try the dentures on and see what adjustments need to be made and then I'll be toothless for a few days, sigh. Or it could turn out that they can't be adjusted properly and I'll have to pay again for new ones. I can't even imagine that happening. I'm pretty hopeful they'll be able to adjust them to fit. I shouldn't have waited a whole year, but I didn't have much of a choice, we ran out of money. We are hopeful that the dental benefits will cover at least some of the cost, but aren't sure about that. Not sure how to find out either, short of just trying to put it through the insurance and seeing what happens. This is such a big deal for me. I can't wait until it's all over with. I can't believe how much it all costs. Getting dentures is a once in a lifetime thing, it is a big deal.

Well, I'm off to start my day. Sorry I have nothing funny or interesting to talk about. I'm debating even continuing on with this blog. It has become so very boring. I haven't had much of a sense of humour or much of a life lately. We'll see. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home