~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, October 15, 2007

A Cold, Rainy, Shakey Day

I thought I'd have a little puff this morning to get my day started off right. So there I was sitting at the kitchen table, puffing away, and thinking 'I sure hope the cops don't show up any time soon and get a whiff of this'. No sooner did I think that than there was a loud knock on the front door. First thing I did was butt it out. Then I started shaking, trembling, like 'oh holy shit here we go'. Then I grabbed some air freshener spray that just happened to be sitting there, it isn't there usually, what a fluke. So I sprayed that around while I'm trembling and trying to not be seen through the window in the front door. Eddie was there ready to bolt out the door the second I opened it so I had to pick him up before I could answer the door. It wasn't even the cops. It was a guy delivering some papers for us. Man I was nervous. Didn't set a very good tone for the day either.

I had Bear out on his tether. It's a cold and rainy day. He looked so sad and miserable sitting there I had to take a picture of the poor guy. Once I let him in the house he immediately started his crying and carrying on. I do think it must be arthritis. So I gave him an Advil and hope that helps him.

The poor thing. I think the chain we got is a little too heavy too but oh well, it works.

Also today I found that Eddie had somehow got a hold of Mr. Mans old Harley cap. I had to take a picture of that too. Just for proof for Mr. Man. It's pretty much shredded and I threw it out. The thing about this hat is Mr. Man has had it for decades and it was getting pretty worn out. It seems they are impossible to find any more. Every Christmas, every birthday, every Father's Day, whatever, everywhere I go, I look for these hats to buy him a new one. This has been going on for years. I don't know if they stopped making them or what. I've even looked online, nothing. So he keeps wearing it as tattered as it is. Not any more. It's gone now. The end of an era. And I will continue to look for a new one, as I have done for years and years.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home