~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Yippee! Freecycle DOES Work Sometimes

Yippee! I finally got rid of a bunch of stuff through Freecycle! It feels good to be de-cluttering. Well taking steps anyways. One load to go was 3 boxes of books another load was 2 boxes of videos. I also got rid of this display stand we had taking up precious real estate in the garage. On Monday we're putting a bunch of stuff out to the curb. There were no takers on Freecycle and I want it gone. I've been going around the house looking for more things to post on Freecycle. I seem to have too much of everything. And I tend to hang on to things forever because "you never know when you might need it." I've been watching a lot of these shows on TV like "Clean Sweep", they're reruns but that's ok. When I'm watching I think, 'hey I can do that myself'. I am determined to de-clutter this place no matter what. Mr. Man is more than happy to help. He is right in there when I need him to move large items. He's being very supportive of my efforts.

We did our duty and went to vote last night. I believe it's a Provincial election. I just don't feel right if I don't go to vote. I know a lot of people don't bother, but then they have no right to complain I think. We need change here in Ontario.

Mr. Man ran into one of his old customers at the bank. The customer told Mr. Man he's been trying to locate him. This isn't the first time Mr. Man has been told his old boss is not forthcoming with information for contacting him. He lies and says he doesn't know where he lives, doesn't know his phone number and tells people Mr. Man quit his job! For the longest time he wouldn't even tell people Mr. Man no longer worked there. He must know a lot of customers went there only because of Mr. Man. Why else would he not tell people he's gone? Shameful. I hope he goes out of business. That'll teach him. Maybe. The man just doesn't appreciate a good employee. But that's all water under the bridge at this point. Anyhow, Mr. Man received another job offer. He seems interested. I'm interested in him staying where he is. I want those benefits. I want to go to the Christmas party too. He expected this a long time ago, but with the old boss not telling people the truth or how to contact him, how could they approach him with job offers? Ultimately it's up to Mr. Man if he stays with the current job or takes another offer, it's not up to me.

The weather has been cold and rainy. So I haven't been able to get outside to clean up the yard and do some planting. Last fall I dug up some dahlias and put the bulbs in paper bags in the basement. I didn't bother planting them this year. I noticed the other day that one of them actually bloomed! I didn't know they could do that. I just happened to glance over at the bag and there's a flower coming out of it. Funny.

Well I'm off to look around for more stuff to post on Freecycle. Have a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home