~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Who Invited The Cops To My Birthday?

Happy Birthday To Me! So far it's been a stellar day. NOT!

I woke up a little later than usual, around 8. I immediately let Bear out to pee and he immediately took off on me. He wasn't gone very long this time, maybe 10 minutes. He came back on his own so I didn't think much of it. Was just happy I didn't have to go out looking for him or have one of the nieghbours knocking on the door with him in tow.

There was a rabies clinic today so we took advantage of that. We took both boys for a $15 rabies shot. There was a horse in a ring, and a lady talking to herself on a microphone, out in the parking lot. Apparently this is quite the event we were attending. Held at a John Deere dealership lol. Eddie started freaking over the horse as soon as he spied it. I had to drag him into the place. And by the time we got inside he had pulled his muzzle off. In fact we made the biggest redneck entrance you ever saw. Obviously there were other dogs inside, all sitting there calm and stoic, noses in the air, totally ignoring us, and our two came in being total freaks. Tugging, and barking and slobbering and carrying on, like they'd never seen another dog before. It was quite the little scene. I filled out the paperwork while Mr. Man had to take them back outside to await their turn. They got their shots uneventfully, they were both suprisingly co-operative and calmed down. We got a gift bag of pamphlets and treats and went on our merry way. Since we were passing by the place on the way home anyways, we spontaneously decided to stop and get their nails trimmed too. $5 each, can't beat that price to have someone else do it. They again were surprisingly calm and co-operative for it.

We dropped them back off at home and headed into town, we needed a few things. Like paint for the truck, and pop to drink, because a 24 case of pop lasts 2-4 days in this house, between 3 of us, that's ridiculous, I'm lucky to get one or two out of a case, sigh. So Mr. Man got his truck paint and I did the shopping for the Christmas shoeboxes. Mr. Man decided he wanted to make Chicken Paprikash for my birthday dinner, so he got the ingredients for that. We spent a good couple of hours tootling around town shopping. On the way home the phone rings. It's Little R. The cops are at our house! Apparently the lady who got bit by her own dog when it and Bear got into a confrontation weeks ago, called them because she saw Bear loose this morning. UGH. Ok, we're on our way home, be there in a few minutes. A couple of minutes later the phone rings again. It's Little R. The cops left, they had other calls to tend to. Well shit. Did they say they were coming back? Nope. I bet they will though. Dammit, dammit, dammit.

So now we're home waiting for the cops to show up any time. Mr. Man baked me a cake and is cooking his Chicken Paprikash. I'm packing my Christmas shoeboxes. This morning Mr. Man gave me a card and told me I already got my present, which is the t-shirts and sweaters and lamps and the Harley jacket, all the crap I got LAST WEEKEND. Sigh. Speaking of the Harley jacket, it's black, and it's fleece, and it got completely covered in white dog hair today when I was holding Edwad to get his shot and his nails clipped, sigh. I got Mr. Man to take a picture of the logo on the back today to show you. Apparently he didn't notice the big red thread and all the dog hair, he could have mentioned it BEFORE taking the photo so I could maybe REMOVE it, but NO. While we were out he stopped at a convenience store to buy his lottery tickets and he grabbed some scratch tickets for me, for my birthday. Also, I got a nice email and some Facebook gifts from Big R, it's nice that she remembered. And good news, she'll be coming back to Ontario for a week in November, so we'll get to see her then AND she got a job in PEI.

And that's my 46th birthday so far, just chockful of surprises and fun...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Honey and don't forget me winning at darts again.lol Love Ya Lots...Hubby

11:01 PM  
Blogger MomofK9s said...

I hope your birthday was great! Sending you lot of happy thoughts for the next year!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home