~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Christmas Is Coming

Mr. Mans timing was impeccable. He got home just as the roast beef dinner was ready. And yes he came bearing shoeboxes. I was afraid he would forget to stop off at the church to pick them up, but being the caring guy he is, he did not forget. Yippee, so I can start shopping for that any time. The drop off dates are early November. Sadly these premade boxes aren't as big as the actual shoeboxes I used last year, but they're less of a hassle. We'll make do.

After dinner we went to town for shoes for Little R. Since we don't have much of a choice, we went to Walmart. She got 2 pairs of shoes, plus a pair of jeans and a couple of t-shirts. She's going to need new winter boots this year too, and a new coat. It never ends. She is rough on her clothes and footwear. She gets a new coat pretty much every year. She is vicious with zippers. I wear the same coat for years. Maybe it's just me, I don't know.

Mr. Man had some cool news. His bosses were planning the company Christmas party. That's something they didn't have at his old job. Actually, they did, but it was just a dinner for employees only, not their families, and they had to buy their own drinks! So Mr. Man never bothered going. Apparently, the plan is, we'll be picked up in a limo! and taken to a restaurant in downtown Toronto! and then to a comedy club! This is assuming they can book everything successfully. Sounds like a blast, I can't wait. Whatever will I wear? I'm so excited!

All this talk about Christmas...and normally I would have started my shopping already. Not yet this year. I got a late start last year too, but it all worked out. I haven't even thought about it yet. Usually I would already know what I want to get for everyone and would have a dent in the shopping.

Today is dreary, rainy and cold. I think I have bronchitis again. It was the same time last year that I had bronchitis. So I guess I have to make an appointment with the doctor and that means Mr. Man will have to take time off work to take me there since I still don't have a car. Fun wow. So I'm off to do that. Have a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home