~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Saturday, October 06, 2007

The Last 4-H Show

There we were, out the door at 6 a.m. Off to the 4-H show. It was a very long day. Little R was in the ring so many times I don't even remember where she placed. I know she got a couple of second places and maybe a third. Between rounds Mr. Man and I did some shopping. This fair had a lot of different vendors. It was a really big fair. Lots of rides. A huge beer tent. A radio station. We got a bunch of new t-shirts. I got a fleece Harley jacket/sweater/vest. Mr. Man got a cowboy hat. We got some stuff for Little R too. At one point, we were sitting in the beer tent listening to the radio that was broadcasting from the fair, and they gave away a Tragically Hip CD. I wanted one too so we walked over to the radio booth. They didn't have any more Tragically Hip so they gave me something else. It's a local band. One of the guys in the band was there, so I had him sign it for me. And we bought a t-shirt. I listened to a bit of it in the car, not really my kind of music, but it was ok. I can see me playing it when we're partying and wanting to hear something a little different.

The plan was to come home from the fair and get on with cleaning the house and making the Pumpkin Delight dessert for tomorrow. Unbeknownst to me Mr. Man received an invitation to go over to an acquaintances place after the fair and he said sure. So we came home to let the boys out and then headed over to the acquaintances place. Let me tell you, it was THE MOST PAINFUL evening of my life. This guy just droned on and on and on and on. And he wasn't exactly a story teller. It was boring to the point where I almost fell asleep sitting there. We got out of there as early as was politely possible. I did fall asleep in the car coming home. Man that was the longest couple of hours ever. Needless to say I never got anything done around here either. So now I'll have to be up bright and early tomorrow getting everything done that I should have done today. Ugh. My mind is still numb from that little visit. Mr. Man jumped right into bed as soon as we got home, fucker. I'm going to join him. Today was fun, today is done, tomorrow is another one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home