~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Shoveling Out

It was another long week. Time sure seems to drag during the week, then the weekends just fly by. I had got myself all upset that no one in my family was inviting us down for a Christmas get together. I rarely see my family any more and Christmas just isn't the same without seeing them. Having them up here is out of the question. So one day I had a bit of a meltdown about it. The very next day I got an email from my only brother inviting us down for a Christmas dinner on the 22nd. I happily accepted his invitation. I feel a little better now. I don't even know who is going to be there or not, but at least I'll see some of my family.

One day last week, my friend D who lives in town, drove all the way out here to pick me up and take me into town to do some shopping. I thought that was very kind and generous of her. That's a lot of driving. So I was able to get most of my shopping for Mr. Man done. He's going to somewhat burn this year, but oh well, it can't be great every year. I'm just not into it this year and it doesn't look like anything is going to change that fact.

We had quite the snowstorm last night and all day today. We're pretty much snowed in. They even got it down in the city. I went to let the dogs out and the back door was completely blocked by a huge snow drift. Mr. Man had gone out this afternoon to shovel a path from the front door, so I let them out front. They didn't wander, they wanted right back in. Later in the evening I let them out again and this time they took off. They were back in a few minutes covered in snow. Eddie has discovered the joy of laying on the warm hearth in front of the fire. I took pictures, but alas, they're all blurry.

Friday night we went to D & S's place for dinner. We had lasagna and it was delicious. I was so happy to be able to eat it. I had another adjustment done on the dentures Thursday morning. They still bug the hell out of me. I really can't imagine ever being used to these things.

We finally decorated the real tree one night this week. Apparently we don't have as many blue ornaments as I thought we did. It looks a little bare. I don't think we'll be doing the colour theme again any time soon. Now that it's done I think what it needs is some pink too. Oh well, here's a picture...



Yes that is snow piled up in the window. The window is just above ground and the snow seems to blow into a drift there every year.

We're going to have a lot of shoveling to do tomorrow. Mr. Man left the snowblower outside so now it's frozen and covered in ice. Hopefully he will be able to get it going at some point. There is just too much snow out there. I don't know what he plans to do in the morning as far as going to work. I think he plans to just shovel out behind the car, leaving the rest for me to do. Ha, not likely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home