~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Monday, December 10, 2007

The Weekend, No More Drinking For Me

Good morning. I didn't get enough sleep last night, but it's ok, I can catch up today at some point. Yes I stayed up to watch the Hallmark movies from 9 pm to 1 am. Then I was chatting with SW on messenger til 2. Due to going out to a bar on Saturday night, Sunday was a very lazy day. We had bought Little R the movie The Santa Clause 3, it was already wrapped and under the tree, but we decided we wanted to watch it, so we had her open it and we watched it. She wouldn't watch it with us, she was watching something else on tv upstairs.

With the way I felt on Sunday I don't think I want to do much drinking in the future. I'm too old for this. I spend my life sitting on my ass and one night out, of drinking, playing pool and dancing and I feel crippled the next day. I had a hangover and my body just ached. And the day was spent doing absolutely nothing.

So Saturday afternoon we went to town to do a little more shopping and to get our real tree. We got gifts for the dogs. It took us all of 6 seconds to pick out a tree. It's huge, they never look that big until you get them in the house. So as we're setting it up, Mr. Man says "fetch me my hammer please". We've had the same cast iron tree stand for years. Never before has it required a hammer. I don't know what he was thinking. He gets his hammer and starts whacking the stand onto the bottom of the tree. I'm freaking out. NO, why are you doing that? You've never done that before. You don't need to do that. You're going to crack it. We get the tree stood up and it's time to add the water. I'm pouring the water into the stand and it's pouring out just as fast. Well shit! See? You cracked it! Well technically, he didn't crack it, he put a hole in it. The spike broke off and left a gaping hole right in the middle of the bottom of the stand. Unreal. So he rushes off to town to get another stand. I must say I don't like the one he got, but he said there wasn't much to choose from. I like my old stand thankyouverymuch. As he was gone, I was worried that the tree would seal itself and he'd need to recut it. Of course he didn't recut it and of course it's not drinking very much. So it should be nicely brown and dead by Christmas, sigh. Here it is Monday and we haven't touched the tree. No decorations. Just a tree. I need Mr. Man to put the lights on since I can't reach. All day Sunday he had excuses not to put the lights on. So who knows when we'll get around to decorating it.

As you already know, Saturday night we went out to a bar. We've never been in this bar before, however we have partied on the patio there when they've had Show & Shines. It was a very large place, with lots of pool tables and a band. It got very crowded towards the end of the evening. We had a good time. We were with a couple of friends and some friends of theirs. D and I spent the majority of the evening hanging out on the dance floor and harassing the band. At one point the singer took my camera and took pictures of us lol. Most of the photos taken can not be posted here, but I will post a couple.
Here is Mr. Man and S playing pool...

This is D and I on the dance floor, apparently I was "dipping" her lol...

This is D and S...

And this is me and S...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home