~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008

Christmas was good. Though honestly, I was just going through the motions, my heart wasn't in it. I had gone to bed super early Christmas Eve, so I was up at 3 a.m Christmas morning. Little R soon followed getting up around 4. We let Mr. Man sleep until 5. It was a long day. Mr. Man cooked a turkey dinner. He was tired and crusty by then and in a bad mood. He went to bed early.

Mr. Man got me a laptop! I've played around on it a bit, but I prefer my old computer, which isn't really that old. We can't have the old computers and the laptop online at the same time, until Mr. Man figures out how to network them. A couple of years ago I would have been much more thrilled with such a gift. I think my favourite gift received was a book, also from Mr. Man, it is Slash's autobiography. I've started reading it and am enjoying it. I didn't even know this book existed, it was a great surprise. He actually spoiled me this year I think, I got several lovely gifts from him.

The holiday was spent doing a lot of nothing. Mr. Man had some much needed down time. It was very fortunate that he had the whole week off work. We've just been taking it easy, lounging around watching tv, playing scrabble on the computers, throwing some darts, sleeping, eating and that's about it.

We didn't go anywhere last night for New Years Eve. We just stayed home with Little R, watched tv and played a couple of games of darts. We didn't even toast the new year. No one could be bothered going upstairs to get the champagne out of the fridge. It was the quietest new years we've had in several years. But it wasn't so bad.

As I predicted, it was a subdued holiday.

I sure hope this is a better year. A year ago, I had high hopes for 2007. But I was depressed for a whole year. I don't usually make new year resolutions, but I think this time I will. I want this year to be more productive, happier, healthier, and more secure. I want to take better care of my health, I don't feel very healthy. There's a lot I can do to improve on that. I've neglected the house for a year, and it has become an overwhelming task to overcome. Overwhelming, but not impossible. I've neglected just about everything, from the house to my own health. For a whole year. Things need to change. I need to get back into my life, living it, rather than wasting it, and watching it fly by. I want to start the new year off right. I'm trying to cut down on my smoking. I'm thinking about taking the dogs for a walk, even though we are being blasted by snow today. They need it, and I need it. Some days I don't even think about it. Depression does hurt everyone.

Happy New Year. All the best to you and yours in 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home