~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Too Good To Be True

My first day having the car, I was going to pick up Little R from school because she has exams this week and would be getting out early. I was so nervous. There had been freezing rain the night before so I was worried about the road conditions. It's been so long since I drove, I was really worried and nervous. So I spent all morning psyching myself up for the drive to town. I checked my email one last time before it was time to leave, and theres an email from Little R, "don't bother coming to pick me up, I have to stay to get some work done, I'll just take the bus home." I was actually surprised the school buses were running with the icy roads and all. So that was that, my first day with the car and I didn't have to drive. I was a little disappointed but I was actually more relieved.

Then Mr. Man came home and told me he couldn't fix the gas leak on the truck. I should have known it was too good to be true. He will be taking the car to work today. Then he'll take the truck on Thursday to take it somewhere to be fixed.

It's 4 am. Apparently we're having some more wicked weather and the power went out around 3 and woke me up when it came back on. The school buses may be cancelled today. I went to bed very, very early last night, like around 6 pm. Something happens to me and I just can't stay awake come late afternoon. So waking up at 3 is par for the course. Another reason I went to lay down so early last night is, I'm in pain. I sort of fell/slid down the stairs the other day and when I grabbed the railing and tried to hang on I seem to have pulled something in my shoulder/neck. My neck is very sore and stiff. I think I'm lucky, it could have been worse, I could have seriously hurt myself. But man it hurts more a couple of days later than it did at the time.

I am so done with this winter weather. And it's only January. I know I won't see spring until May. And even in May we usually get one last hurrah of snow. I haven't even looked outside to see what's going on out there. I can hear the wind though. Mr. Man told me last night that we are expecting a snow storm.

I don't know how it works with Little Rs exams if the buses are cancelled. I assume it just gets put off until the next day. I'm not expecting much. She has discovered the joys of skipping school. She's only making it harder on herself. I've had two teachers emailing me to tell me she's been skipping their classes and not handing in assignments. We've talked to her and she seems to be trying to catch up. I'm hoping next semester will go a little better for her. I'm hoping she has learned her lesson by falling behind, and realizes it would be easier to just go to class and do the work. Grade 9 is tough, its a big adjustment. She has all this new freedom. She made the wrong choice. I just hope she learned from her mistakes and things will go smoother next semester.

Here is the photo I wanted to upload the other day. I took this last week the day after a full moon. It was 8 am and the moon was still visible.



Well it's almost time to go wake up Mr. Man. Have yourselves a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home