~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Early Morning Chatter

On one of the soaps that I watch, All My Children, one of the characters wrote a book. The book is real. So there I was trying to have a nap after dinner, just wasn't feeling well and went to lay down, while Mr. Man drove Little R to town to hang out at the bowling alley again, when in he comes and flicks on the light and says "Happy Anniversary" and hands me this book. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but it has the characters name on it as the author. I wonder who really wrote it. I would imagine buying it supports some charity. I can't wait to start reading it. It's called Charm, by Kendall Hart of All My Children. And now I get to feel like a big old heel because he got me a gift for our anniversary and I got him nothing.

I stayed in bed all evening and that's why I'm up at 3:30 a.m. I suppose I could sneak into the bedroom and grab the book and start reading it. But more likely I'll sit here and browse through blogs and stuff. In town there is this British tuck store. They sell all British things like food and stuff. I don't know I've never gone in. Well they have a blog too. I happened to find it while searching for Ontario blogs. According to this blog, Sir Elton John has a house somewhat near here. Can you imagine? I thought that was rather exciting. It's actually in Caledon which is a 20 minute drive from here. Could you imagine running into Elton John? I imagine he has people who do his shopping and whatnot for him, not like you're going to bump into him at the liquor store. According to this blog he is in town though because he is touring Canada and the U.S and there was security going on at the house. I just thought it was a little exciting and I would have never known if I didn't stop to read that blog.

The snow is melting! I haven't checked the forecast lately so I don't know if there's more coming or what. But yesterday at one point the sun was shining and I looked at the thermometer and it was 20 degrees celsius, which is warmish. Then the clouds came and it dropped to 10. But seeing it at 20 was exciting. That little bit of sun was heavenly. Maybe I really can expect to see my crocuses in 2 weeks. Oh how I'm looking forward to spring, like never before.

I had a little scare with my blog yesterday. It wouldn't load. Some of it was there but the posts were not. This went on for a couple of hours. Just no posts, blank. I thought I was going to have to start a new blog. Then I asked Little R to see if it would load on her computer and sure enough there it was. So I tried it again and magically there it was. That was a relief. I have no idea what the problem was but suspect it was just a problem with Blogger. I was trying to post my Show and Tell and it wasn't showing. But thankfully it worked out in the end. I did not look forward to starting all over again. It was a tense couple of hours.

Well, it's after 4 now, ho hum. I don't like being up at this time, but in some ways I do like it. I like the peace and quiet. But it's a boring time of day to be up. I'm off to search for more new blogs to read. It's not like anyone other than me has posted anything new at 4 in the morning. I'm really enjoying the gardening blogs. I'm learning so much. And they are in Ontario which is a bonus. It sucks reading a garden blog from somehwere else where they already have things blooming. Different zones have totally different gardens. So far I've found 2 that are in Ontario. And they are much more knowledgable than me. I love gardening but I don't know very much about it. I just buy things and plant them and hope for the best. I used to get help from the woman nextdoor but we all know how that went. I never did hear anything back from her after leaving her that card. Hopefully when the summer comes and we're both out there in our gardens we'll talk again. In the past we spent many hours sitting around discussing our gardens. She too knows a lot more about it than I do. Ah well, I have high hopes for this summer. I'm off, have a great day.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home