~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday was our 10th anniversary. I forgot all about it. It wasn't until Mr. Man said in passing, "Oh by the way, Happy Anniversary" that I thought of it. We did nothing. We didn't celebrate. There were no flowers or cards or special dinners. It was just another day. But I'm ok with that. We don't usually celebrate it. I don't know why that is. I can only think of one time we went out to celebrate it. I'll never forget the year my brother phoned to wish us a Happy Anniversary and we had both forgotten it. We have a great marriage. We love each other tremendously. I don't know why we don't celebrate our anniversary. Basically I think it's just laziness lol.

It was a very gray and grismal (grim and dismal) day. At one point it was sort of snowing, there were these snow pellets falling. It was kind of like hail. And it was cold. Today is cold and foggy.

Poor Mr. Man had to shovel a path to the propane tank again. They actually showed up to deliver the same day he ordered it, which is very unusual. It normally takes them a couple of days to get to our order. So of course they came and couldn't get to the tank. He told them when he went to put in the order that he had to clear the path that night, so they can't turn around and try to charge us the extra $100 for coming out and not having a clear path. They are such asses. We want to change fuel companies but we have to buy the equipment first before we can do that.

I found another gardening blog. I spent a big chunk of yesterday reading it. I didn't get anything done around the house. From some of the garden photos on this blog, it got me wondering how many plants I have pulled thinking they were weeds. There is some cool stuff that was planted by the previous owners, so who knows. I think this year I'm just going to let things grow and then decide if they're weeds or not. I have found some pleasnt surprises in the existing gardens. I was looking through my old photos from a year ago. By the end of this month I should have crocuses blooming. Oh I can't wait for all this snow to melt. There is so much I can't really see it being gone in 2 weeks. Early spring, my foot. There will have to be a drastic change in the weather in the next couple of weeks to have anything blooming. Oh well, things to look forward to. Have a great day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Hi Char, thanks for leaving a message at my garden blog. It is always fun to discover another Canadian blogger, and then one from Ontario is even better. Happy belated anniversary. I bet you are looking forward to the snow melting and getting outside, just like me.

The Gardener Side

Sow Then Grow

The Crafty Side

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home