~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Finally Cut The Grass

Ah. I am now enjoying a nice cold Orange Cream Swirl. It's a vodka cooler. I deserve it. I finally cut the grass today. It was a hot one and I sweated buckets. I did the front yard with the push mower and Mr. Man did the back yard with a ride on. It was long enough in the back that we'll have to rake it up tomorrow, ugh. We should have just done that today, but Mr. Man was yet again in a foul mood. He's been really crusty lately and it's grating on my nerves.

We made four trips to town today. SW is in Edmonton and her car broke down. She was supposed to be back here tomorrow. Not gonna happen. Anyways she asked me to pick up a cheque from the woman who's collecting her mail and deposit it for her. I assume to help cover the cost of the car repair. On our first trip to town the woman wasn't home, so we went ahead and did our shopping. We got some back to school stuff and groceries. When we returned to paradise the woman was home, so it was back to town to deposit the cheque. Then we mowed the lawns. After dinner, wooo hot dogs, Mr. Man told Little R she could go to the drop in center in town, so off we went again. This time we brought Bear. After dropping Little R off we took Bear to a park for a walk. Then we came back home and an hour later headed back to town to pick up Little R. Since she didn't take off or go elsewhere and phone to be picked up somewhere else, she was just waiting for us out front like a good girl, Mr. Man decided to reward her with Dairy Queen.

We walk in and there's no one there, no line ups. We place our orders. Mr. Man ordered a waffle cone. They were all out of waffle cones. By now there's a huge line up behind us, the place is packed. He made such a scene. Little R was mortified. I was slightly embarassed. He had a bit of a meltdown. Verbally abusing the clerk who was trying to please him and trying to apologise. He had to settle for a plain cone. Poor thing. He has been in such a bad mood lately anything seems to set him off.

They finally both went to bed so I thought I would take this time of peace to post an entry. The best thing to happen today is this vodka cooler. It's almost gone now, so have a great night, I'll be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home