~Charlene's Web~

Sunshine, Laughter And Friends Are Always Welcome!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm happily married to Mr. Man. We have 2 daughters, Big R and Little R. I'm a stay at home mom. We moved from the big city to the country, living a dream. I'm a collector and a packrat. I'd rather read a book than watch a movie. I battle depression. I love life, but that wasn't always the case. This is my journal.

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.geocities.com/charswavs12/.wma" LOOP=INFINITE=TRUE>

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hot And Muggy

Today is muggy and hot. Finally. I don't know how much time I'll get to spend out in it though. I'm actually doing laundry! Hopefully this doesn't mean there's another thunder storm coming.

Yesterday we went to the Reserve for cigarettes. We didn't get the early start we had planned, so it took up most of the day. We stopped for breakfast/brunch on the way there. We hit several yard sales both going and coming back. I got 5 shirts for 2 bucks. Mr. Man got a couple of useless exercise gizmos. If he ever tries to use them he'll probably hurt himself. We had smoked a joint after brunch, so that's why it seemed like a good idea to buy the crap he bought. I really don't need any more clothes, but there was so much there to rummage through, I couldn't help myself. I know it seems awfully tacky to buy clothes at a yard sale, but it was good stuff and the price was right.

When we got back we stopped off at the trailer to pick up Mr. Mans laundry. What a shock to find Little R walking out of the trailer when we pulled up. She broke in again. She claimed she was looking for a lighter. There's lighters at home. Everything has been going so good with her home, this was quite a disappointment. Upon going through her bag to see what she ripped off from the trailer we found beers, which weren't from the trailer, they belonged to the friend that was with her, and rolling papers and a few other things we wish we didn't find. She was busted. And she had a major hissy fit back at home. I just didn't even know how to deal with it. First thing this morning she apologised.

Also while going through her bag we found a little iPod. It wasn't hers. When asked where hers is she said she "had to sell it". I couldn't believe it. I can only imagine what she sold it for, she wouldn't tell me when I asked. That thing cost us $400! I guess that's what happened to her camera too. She says it got ripped off, but I have my doubts about that. So she won't be getting any more toys for Christmas. Like I said nothing in the house is safe any more. Nothing in the trailer is safe either. I am at a loss. I don't know how to deal with this. When I was her age I would steal change out of my mothers purse to buy cigarettes, that's it. I wouldn't dream of breaking in anywhere or selling my possessions. When I told her she is grounded, she proceeded to walk out the door. Eventually she came home and just went to bed. This morning she was sorry for everything. But that doesn't change anything. How do I get it into her head how wrong it is?

Today was a decent day. Little R didn't even try to go out. That was a relief. I wasn't looking forward to fighting with her over being grounded. I actually cooked bacon and eggs for brunch. I got some laundry done. I did some puttering around outside, got the driveway cleaned up a bit. All that's left out there is some stray firewood. And we played Nintendo. The original Nintendo no less. We even broke out the game genie lol. We set it so we never lose lives. Playing Super Mario 3, we got to the 7th world before we had to pack it in for the night. We all took turns playing. Good clean fun. It's been so long since we've played it that we don't remember it, so it's like a whole new game. I would have preferred to sit outside on such a hot day, but it was not to be.

Except for the drama of Little R breaking into the trailer, it was a nice peaceful weekend. I feel more like myself than I have in a while. I didn't really feel depressed today. I think the secret is to keep busy.

With the price of gas we didn't even head into town today. I would have liked to go for a Timmys, but no, Mr. Man didn't want to waste the gas. Here it is midnight and I'm up again. This is when it gets depressing, when I'm all alone. And its still a pretty full moon. I just don't feel sleepy. I must have slept late again this morning. Oh well, I'm off, good night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely, the key is stayin busy, but i hear ya i couldnt sleep myself last nite , i shoulda dropped off the moment i laid down but it was after 11 before i finally fell asleep and when the alarm went off all i could do is groan!

as for little r the sooner school starts the better , hopefully anyway if shes busy with that she wont have as much time to get into trouble!

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home